Page 244 of 267 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 2,917 to 2,928 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

I'm impressed by Kin's candour and direct answers. I think some areas could have been explored further and I'm looking forward to part 2 of the interview.

I'm still not that keen on Higgins, although he clearly has the right attitude to be successful. Give me Paps any day although of course they could play in the same team.

While ugg's source for the O'Riordan upgrade may not have been rock solid, there is some confirmation because the Swans website today appears to confirm we will upgrade two rookies: Melican will undoubtedly be one and COR looks a good bet to be the other. If this is correct, 4 rookie spots will have been cleared (with possibility of re-rookieing AJ and/or Fisher). Can't see Pink or Ronke being upgraded yet and COR is probably ahead of Fox. I hope COR is upgraded.

As a Cat B rookie COR would not be eligible to play senior football. However the Cat A rookies will be able to play in the senior team from Round 1 2018. So it would make sense for COR to be elevated to the senior list. Similarly if AJ is picked up again as a Cat A rookie he will still be able to play senior footy if his form warrants selection. It looks to me as if the club is making strategic use of the rookie rule changes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Tadgh Kennelly on Fox saying the Swans �aren�t going to change a whole lot� in terms of gameplan next year. Hmmm
    Well I doubt he would want to give away anything . We might be pleasantly surprised!

The Kinnear interview was very interesting especially the emphasis on running capacity. I always thought that this was the area that could be developed more easily rather than kicking skills or marking. However, it is a non-negotiable which suggests that Constable is not a likely draftee based on his recent test results. Lochie O�Brien must be a chance based on this too.

Senior Player
    Is the knock on Constable the recent time trial or has it been an ongoing issue with him?

If its the former, I understand that he is returning from injury which probably impacted his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Is the knock on Constable the recent time trial or has it been an ongoing issue with him?

If its the former, I understand that he is returning from injury which probably impacted his time
    I noticed all the draftees that did the post Combine 2km time trial had fairly ordinary times including potential number 1 Cameron Rayner. Combine time trial winner would have beaten them all by over 400 metres! But then again he probably would have beaten heaps of very good AFL players by the same margin.

In KB we trust :-)

Part 2 of the KB interview, I liked this bit at the end - "I�ve seen too often that when a player becomes successful, the coaches have been geniuses. But when a player wasn�t successful, the recruiters were @@@@house. We try to eliminate that."
    Last edited by 707; 22nd November 2017 at 10:55 AM.

Veterans List
    If we are drafting a small forward then maybe they are looking at Papley going into the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If we are drafting a small forward then maybe they are looking at Papley going into the midfield.
    I thought he was already doing that. Do you mean as a permanent midfielder?

Veterans List
    He has spent a bit of time in the midfield but I still see him as a small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    While ugg's source for the O'Riordan upgrade may not have been rock solid, there is some confirmation because the Swans website today appears to confirm we will upgrade two rookies: Melican will undoubtedly be one and COR looks a good bet to be the other. If this is correct, 4 rookie spots will have been cleared (with possibility of re-rookieing AJ and/or Fisher). Can't see Pink or Ronke being upgraded yet and COR is probably ahead of Fox. I hope COR is upgraded.
    Solid confirmation of what ugg passed on a couple of weeks ago: Irishman secures future with new deal - sydneyswans.com.au. Congratulations Colin O'Riordan! Bring on his debut.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Confirmation that COR is being promoted to the senior list, and is rewarded with a contract ending 2019.

Irishman secures future with new deal - sydneyswans.com.au

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Confirmation that COR is being promoted to the senior list, and is rewarded with a contract ending 2019.

Irishman secures future with new deal - sydneyswans.com.au
    Well flagged what seems weeks ago Ugg!