Page 256 of 267 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,072 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Can you post link to Stoddart video?
    I think this is the one that the Swans have posted on their twitter account. Stoddart himself looked relatively calm as his family swamped him.

Ling said that the Swans were "one of" his favourites and connected his respect for the Swans with what he's heard from his Coach Dave O'Keefe who was drafted by the Swans circa 2005. So I didn't infer that he is actually a Swans supporter despite having a Swans guernsey handy.

Here's a question: are Stoddart and Ling competing for one spot? They are very similar players: quick, rebounding defenders with good left feet. Can both fit in the same team?
    Ling will likely play a similar role to Zac Jones going through wing and HB. Stoddart seems too small for AFL level this year like Florent last year still needs a couple of preseasons before making the jump.

McCartin described by several experts as being similar to Tom Lynch (ADE) big tank for a forward and a great mark.

Hmmm. This smells of what is becoming a Swans tradition.....

Reach for a left field selection with our first pick...And often to no avail.....Thinking D O'Keefe and Willoughby.

Then pick a gem in round 2 or 3.

Time will tell.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I think this is the one that the Swans have posted on their twitter account. Stoddart himself looked relatively calm as his family swamped him.

Ling said that the Swans were "one of" his favourites and connected his respect for the Swans with what he's heard from hisCoach Dave O'Keefe who was drafted by the Swans circa 2005. So I didn't infer that he is actually a Swans supporter despite having a Swans guernsey handy.
    Do you mean Daniel O�Keefe drafted in 2006?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I saw the photo of Ling with the swans jumper in the background. How excited must he be to be playing for the club he supports!

And I saw a video of Stoddart watching the draft on tv and when we selected him all his family and friends in the room went absolutely nuts!!

When was the last time a player was disappointed to be drafted by the swans? Rocca??
    It is true......but the kids these days have grown up only ever knowing the Swans as a 'power club'.....it's little wonder they are pleased, they can be confident they'll be playing finals at the highest level, if they're themselves are good enough......as well as playing and training along side champions of the game. Also, I would think our club is seen from the outside as a safe and nurturing environment for young recruits by parents of prospects. During the inevitable round table family discussions, Mum and Dad would hardly be discouraging their kid from joining us. In the words of Matthew Ling's Dad, "He�ll thrive in that environment. We couldn�t have wished for anywhere better to go than Sydney if he had to go interstate."
    Last edited by stevoswan; 25th November 2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Do you mean Daniel O�Keefe drafted in 2006?
    Yep.

Senior Player
    Can you post link to Stoddart video?
    https://twitter.com/sydneyswans/stat...64888447885312

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Beatson says we will take �a couple� of Cat B rookies out of our Academy. You�d imagine Jake Brown would be one and the other one might be Sam Wicks who played some great games as a small forward in the NEAFL. Other names that played in the NEAFL include Sam Barkley, Harrison Carr, Jake Hardman (who has a 31 Dec birthday!), Jarrod Osborne, Luke Robertson, Luke Skrivanic and Liam Maze

Also mentioned we will take 3 Cat A rookies to round out our list.
    Young Gowers and Bell were both ok I think too. Bell didn't play too many games due to other duties in the U18.

Veterans List
    Pick 14 & 32 in tomorrow's Rookie Draft

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Pick 14 & 32 in tomorrow's Rookie Draft
    I think we're looking at taking 3 Cat A rookies so we'll need another pick as well as 2 from the Academy (Cat B).

I think we're looking at taking 3 Cat A rookies so we'll need another pick as well as 2 from the Academy (Cat B).
    I hope one of those is Alex Johnson as I would hate to see him released especially after all that he has been through. It would be great if he has a proper pre-season then see how he fares.

Apparently we're taking James Bell tomorrow.