Page 265 of 266 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266 LastLast
Results 3,169 to 3,180 of 3188

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

  1. #3169
    Joel A

    Super happy with the project signing of Joel

    3rd in the draft running leap
    5th inthe Draft standing jump

    Great dimensions, agility and skill for a developing forward / ruckman

    196cm and probably still growing

  2. #3170
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Joel A

    Super happy with the project signing of Joel

    3rd in the draft running leap
    5th inthe Draft standing jump

    Great dimensions, agility and skill for a developing forward / ruckman

    196cm and probably still growing
    His highlights reel show great potential as a mobile clever player and an accurate tap ruckman.....a good find.

  3. #3171
    There’s a piece devoted to him on the AFL website, including why KB is excited about him:

    Swans rookie puts Grand Final miss behind him - M.afl.com.au

    “Beatson had seen the athletic big man win the footy at ground level and then execute a brilliant right foot snap across his body.

    That, more than anything, made Beatson sit up and take notice of what Amartey could produce if given the opportunity to ply his trade in a full-time environment...

    "I haven't seen many blokes that are 195cm-plus that have the agility to kick that type of goal," Beatson said.”

    ...

    “Amartey will have the opportunity to work with new Swans assistant and ruck coach Dean Cox who will help mentor the youngster.

    "Dean was really impressed with his tape in the lead up to the draft," Beatson said.”

  4. #3172
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    I wonder if Papley will take his Grandfather's number 11 now that its vacant
    Called it!

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  5. #3173
    Veterans List wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There’s a piece devoted to him on the AFL website, including why KB is excited about him:

    Swans rookie puts Grand Final miss behind him - M.afl.com.au

    “Beatson had seen the athletic big man win the footy at ground level and then execute a brilliant right foot snap across his body.

    That, more than anything, made Beatson sit up and take notice of what Amartey could produce if given the opportunity to ply his trade in a full-time environment...

    "I haven't seen many blokes that are 195cm-plus that have the agility to kick that type of goal," Beatson said.”

    ...

    “Amartey will have the opportunity to work with new Swans assistant and ruck coach Dean Cox who will help mentor the youngster.

    "Dean was really impressed with his tape in the lead up to the draft," Beatson said.”

    The highlight reel is incredible. I've never seen a kid that age tap ruck like that. He was virtually gifting his smalls with the ball and he was unpredictable.

  6. #3174
    Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Doughnuts don't wear alligator shoes
    Posts
    2,791
    Makes sense to draft a rocks or diamonds type player - cost is minimal in draft terms and if he is a bust our list is pretty settled anyway.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

  7. #3175
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    875
    Natural ruck with great atheletic ability and great upside.Stoked.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

  8. #3176
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    2,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Natural ruck with great atheletic ability and great upside.Stoked.
    and - got him for free. A player like that is always worth a punt.

  9. #3177
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    2,934
    I watched Amartey’s highlights video for the first time tonight - wow! He is a really exciting pickup. Even in Ludwig’s ruck-free vision of the AFL future this young man was worth a rookie spot.

  10. #3178
    Veterans List Ludwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    5,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I watched Amartey’s highlights video for the first time tonight - wow! He is a really exciting pickup. Even in Ludwig’s ruck-free vision of the AFL future this young man was worth a rookie spot.
    Amartey is my kind of ruckman. As long as there are ruck contests written in the rules there will have to be ruckmen. The question is what kind of a player should that ruckman be? How about that guy Adam Goodes who used to play for the Swans. He went alright until he did his PCL. Last ruckman to win a Brownlow. I never complained about Adam Goodes as a ruckman.

    In a previous post I noted that Cameron and Amartey could be our ruck division after 2020. Amartey could be a Jeff White or Paddy Ryder kind of ruckman. I wouldn't mind that. It will take 3 years to get him ready.

  11. #3179
    Clubman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sydney's eastside
    Posts
    1,195
    Here's a worthy article about the evolving role of rucks: Ruck and role: How the position has evolved - AFL.com.au.

  12. #3180
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I watched Amartey’s highlights video for the first time tonight - wow! He is a really exciting pickup. Even in Ludwig’s ruck-free vision of the AFL future this young man was worth a rookie spot.
    Where can I find the highlights video?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO