Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Joel A

Super happy with the project signing of Joel

3rd in the draft running leap
    5th inthe Draft standing jump

Great dimensions, agility and skill for a developing forward / ruckman

196cm and probably still growing
    His highlights reel show great potential as a mobile clever player and an accurate tap ruckman.....a good find.

There�s a piece devoted to him on the AFL website, including why KB is excited about him:

Swans rookie puts Grand Final miss behind him - M.afl.com.au

�Beatson had seen the athletic big man win the footy at ground level and then execute a brilliant right foot snap across his body.

That, more than anything, made Beatson sit up and take notice of what Amartey could produce if given the opportunity to ply his trade in a full-time environment...

"I haven't seen many blokes that are 195cm-plus that have the agility to kick that type of goal," Beatson said.�

�Amartey will have the opportunity to work with new Swans assistant and ruck coach Dean Cox who will help mentor the youngster.

"Dean was really impressed with his tape in the lead up to the draft," Beatson said.�

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    I wonder if Papley will take his Grandfather's number 11 now that its vacant
    Called it!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There�s a piece devoted to him on the AFL website, including why KB is excited about him:

Swans rookie puts Grand Final miss behind him - M.afl.com.au

�Beatson had seen the athletic big man win the footy at ground level and then execute a brilliant right foot snap across his body.

That, more than anything, made Beatson sit up and take notice of what Amartey could produce if given the opportunity to ply his trade in a full-time environment...

"I haven't seen many blokes that are 195cm-plus that have the agility to kick that type of goal," Beatson said.�

�Amartey will have the opportunity to work with new Swans assistant and ruck coach Dean Cox who will help mentor the youngster.

"Dean was really impressed with his tape in the lead up to the draft," Beatson said.�

The highlight reel is incredible. I've never seen a kid that age tap ruck like that. He was virtually gifting his smalls with the ball and he was unpredictable.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Makes sense to draft a rocks or diamonds type player - cost is minimal in draft terms and if he is a bust our list is pretty settled anyway.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Senior Player
    Natural ruck with great atheletic ability and great upside.Stoked.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Natural ruck with great atheletic ability and great upside.Stoked.
    and - got him for free. A player like that is always worth a punt.

I watched Amartey�s highlights video for the first time tonight - wow! He is a really exciting pickup. Even in Ludwig�s ruck-free vision of the AFL future this young man was worth a rookie spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I watched Amartey�s highlights video for the first time tonight - wow! He is a really exciting pickup. Even in Ludwig�s ruck-free vision of the AFL future this young man was worth a rookie spot.
    Amartey is my kind of ruckman. As long as there are ruck contests written in the rules there will have to be ruckmen. The question is what kind of a player should that ruckman be? How about that guy Adam Goodes who used to play for the Swans. He went alright until he did his PCL. Last ruckman to win a Brownlow. I never complained about Adam Goodes as a ruckman.

In a previous post I noted that Cameron and Amartey could be our ruck division after 2020. Amartey could be a Jeff White or Paddy Ryder kind of ruckman. I wouldn't mind that. It will take 3 years to get him ready.

Here's a worthy article about the evolving role of rucks: Ruck and role: How the position has evolved - AFL.com.au.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Where can I find the highlights video?