Page 47 of 267 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Dawson & Florent sign new contracts, no need to discuss them any more in this thread. Loving the clubs work signing up well before contracts due. Shows a happy club.
    What great news!!!

Veterans List
    Finally a pay deal has been agreed between the players and the AFL so hopefully we can get Jones and Reid signed up.

Good to hear that we have extended Florent and Dawson ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Finally a pay deal has been agreed between the players and the AFL so hopefully we can get Jones and Reid signed up.

Good to hear that we have extended Florent and Dawson ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Also category A rookie listed players eligible to play senior footy 2018

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-20/players-get-20-per-cent-pay-rise-in-new-cba

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    For me the signing of Florent and Dawson and so many early contracts for most of the guns means that I cant see us holding both Jones or Reid.

In think Reid might be another Mitchell. Both on early and long contracts on very good money but re-valued at the end.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    What great news!!!
    +1

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Also category A rookie listed players eligible to play senior footy 2018
    Forgive my ignorance but which current Swans are Category A Swans and which other Categories?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    For me the signing of Florent and Dawson and so many early contracts for most of the guns means that I cant see us holding both Jones or Reid.

In think Reid might be another Mitchell. Both on early and long contracts on very good money but re-valued at the end.
    Why do you think it means that?

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Not sure the connection is there but very happy to see these two guys re-signed.

I'd be hoping for Jones to commit quite soon but think Reid may go down to the wire.

Partly. Hawthorn had been speaking to him for a while n gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. He's older now so a move interstate wouldn't be the killer suggestion it previously was. Personally I'd rather keep Reid. I think a move to Richmond for Gunston would be a good one for all parties. He'll be atleast 29 by the time Hawthorn pulls it together. He plays a lot better in good sides and Richmond desperately needs help for Riewoldt and it gives Hawthorn the picks it desperately needs.
    I think that Gunston to Richmond would make sense but Sammy is a perfect fit for the Tigers and of course they don't give anything up

Can any ROW posters clarify how this new pay agreement works. The salary cap has been increased by 20% in the first year of the deal. Does this mean that all players who are under contract automatically have their current rates rates increased next year by 20%? as for example
    if say Buddy is on $1million next year does this become $1.2million?

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Can any ROW posters clarify how this new pay agreement works. The salary cap has been increased by 20% in the first year of the deal. Does this mean that all players who are under contract automatically have their current rates rates increased next year by 20%? as for example
    Only if their contract has a trigger to do so Buddys contract doesn't have any triggers relating to the cap increase if he's contracted for $1 million next year it stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    It depends on the deal their agent negotiated.

I think we can be pretty certain Buddy doesn't have a CBA increase clause in his contract as we really took the risk on that one.

As for our other re-signings I expect that recent re-signings were based on a specified increase with any adjustment made when finalised. By this stage the clubs would have been 99% sure of the $2m one off increase, all that had to be nutted out was the years 2-6 increases. I.e. offer was based on the assumption of a 20% increase in CBA, if actual increase is greater or lower then the final figure will be adjusted accordingly.

Some players with poor bargaining power (e.g Towers) would have taken what they were offered I'd say.

Guys who signed last year (Hanners, Parker) would have been crazy not to have had CBA clauses inserted

Looking ahead, things will start to settle down in the player market by 2019 I reckon.

For the rest of this and next year there will still be clubs with cash warchests that they are keen to spend and which will distort the player market for players off contract.

Which is why it is so good we have, with the exception of Zak and Sam, pretty much locked our squad until the end of 2019.

Looking ahead to 2018 the only important re-sign I can see is Hewett and possibly Aliir if we can get him right. Our core squad is locked and loaded to go.