Maybe i should delete post?

I claimed the mistake.????

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Sorry, didn't see that.....

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Maybe i should delete post?

I claimed the mistake.????

I think it's ok to leave it. You've made a mistake n owned it. It's a lot more than a lot of people do on forums. Just relax this year with players leaving just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    I don't think we'll get anyone in. It just sounds like it's hit the bye n you've hit panic mode. It's a totally different year this year than normal with the late re-signing of the players agreement n just because someone hasn't re-signed yet doesn't mean their gone. Be patient
    Agree, if we can't get our own players to re-sign then we're hardly going to get a Dusty or Fyfe.

I'd be amazed if we don't get at least one to sign up and I think we're still a fighting chance for both. Who I regard as more important changes on a weekly basis.

Not calling him gone by any stretch but I for one though will be happy to see Zak sign on the dotted line

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's ok to leave it. You've made a mistake n owned it. It's a lot more than a lot of people do on forums. Just relax this year with players leaving just be patient.
    +1

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    I am really patient with kids.

No patience for the outcome that I WANT!

It me, me, me. Would hate for either to leave but wouldn't care if some others did!

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Agree, if we can't get our own players to re-sign then we're hardly going to get a Dusty or Fyfe.

I'd be amazed if we don't get at least one to sign up and I think we're still a fighting chance for both. Who I regard as more important changes on a weekly basis.

Not calling him gone by any stretch but I for one though will be happy to see Zak sign on the dotted line

- - - Updated - - -

+1
    I agree with everything except I'd rather Reid to re-sign if I had to choose. We do have a number of midfielders who could step up n play jones role but not quite as good ATM but like I've said a lot there is not one person on the list who could replace Reid. And to trade for a replacement it'll cost a good amount.

Warming the Bench
    If we lose Reid we really need to trade in a tall forward. What we need is someone to play deep and take contested marks, I'm sick of seeing Buddy playing deep and trying to take marks with 2 players on him. Contested marking is not a strength of his and its amazing that we keep using him in this way. I would hope that once Tippett finds form we can use him as deep forward, if not then Cameron has shown a bit in the reserves so with a big pre season might be able to play this role for us on 2018.

Someone playing the LRT role in 2012 or Pyke in 2013. Doesn't need to be an elite player on big coin, just give us better structure in the forward line and free up Buddy to roam

We recently signed JPK, Hannebery, Parker, Rampe, Mills and Heeney on big money.

Do you think this magical $2M was not spent on those players. Just fantasy.

JPK, Hanners and Parker would have already been on big money. I cant see them getting much more of an increase than the TPP % increase.
    Rampe probably got a bit of a rise, and Mills / Heeney medium rises of say 200K each extra.

Still leaves plenty of extra room. Dont forget we got rid of $600 Mitchel, $250K Nankervis, and $200K X Richards last year as well, without bringing anyone new on. There is a lazy $1m+ of spare room.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    It might be that we have $1m waiting for a incoming player, a great outcome for the club, but unfortunately I am pessimistic on this front.

No grinders or depth players just Josh Kelly will do. (Trying to be optimistic)

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    If we lose Reid we really need to trade in a tall forward. What we need is someone to play deep and take contested marks, I'm sick of seeing Buddy playing deep and trying to take marks with 2 players on him. Contested marking is not a strength of his and its amazing that we keep using him in this way. I would hope that once Tippett finds form we can use him as deep forward, if not then Cameron has shown a bit in the reserves so with a big pre season might be able to play this role for us on 2018.

Someone playing the LRT role in 2012 or Pyke in 2013. Doesn't need to be an elite player on big coin, just give us better structure in the forward line and free up Buddy to roam
    Having seen Cameron over here in WA he really is a forward who is getting taught the ruck craft by one of the best ATM. What stood out in WA is he's a damn accurate kick for goal but it's a lot to expect him to take on Reid's role. He doesn't quite have the mobility and hasn't even played a game of afl seniors yet.

- - - Updated - - -

It might be that we have $1m waiting for a incoming player, a great outcome for the club, but unfortunately I am pessimistic on this front.

No grinders or depth players just Josh Kelly will do. (Trying to be optimistic)

A good amount would already be taken up by players with the automatic 20% increase factored into their contract & more than likely some of the re-signings over the last year or 2

Warming the Bench
    Having seen Cameron over here in WA he really is a forward who is getting taught the ruck craft by one of the best ATM. What stood out in WA is he's a damn accurate kick for goal but it's a lot to expect him to take on Reid's role. He doesn't quite have the mobility and hasn't even played a game of afl seniors yet.
    His role would be different to Reid's, I'm saying play Cameron/Tippett as deep forward (unless we recruit someone better) and free up Buddy to play the higher roaming forward. Still might be asking too much of him early on but looks like he has the potential to play that role

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    His role would be different to Reid's, I'm saying play Cameron/Tippett as deep forward (unless we recruit someone better) and free up Buddy to play the higher roaming forward. Still might be asking too much of him early on but looks like he has the potential to play that role
    That's the point I was making. Cameron is not a replacement for Reid. Definitely has potential. A key forward that takes makes, can go down back n is only 25 is a rare commodity ATM

Veterans List
    Thanks for clarifying (was it Wauchope?) that there was a slight misunderstanding of my post. The points I were making were

We bandy around $ amounts but in reality other than Buddy we don't know what anyone else is getting, including Tippett going forward, so trying to suggest individual contract amounts and total our salary spend is a waste of time.

I have faith, not blind faith, but faith that our club knows what they are doing and I'm sure our offers to Jones and Reid are fair and affordable but we can't/won't match offers that are over the top and would probably accept the Band 1 and/or trade deal. But we all want them to stay, trust the club to get them over the line within $ reason.

Here's one to ponder, and it is unquestionable that good KPF are almost exclusively taken at the top of the draft so Reid is a very valuable player, who was our last home grown KPF of any note? I think you'll be surprised how far back you need to go, unless I've forgotten someone.