Page 6 of 267 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Regular in the Side
    Sqq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Awesome timing for the club before he played Snrs

Hayward is a seriously impressive skinny 18yr old and a player who will be here for many years I hope
    Power & Crows will ask every year. Guaranteed, ???? even this year...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Power & Crows will ask every year. Guaranteed, ?????? even this year...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Both clubs had the chance to select him in the draft if they wanted him that much. Port even had the chance twice.

Incidentally, just reviewing the draft trades I couldn't help but look envious at the trade Carlton did with the Giants. For picks 45, 58 and Geelong 2017 1st rounder they got Marchbank, Pickett and GWS' 2017 2nd rounder. That's picks 4 and 6 from the 2014 draft PLUS a second rounder for one first rounder and change. They are both players we could really use: a brilliant and nuggety small forward and a top quality KPD. I think the catch might have been their salaries. And that would have been a sticking point for us quite probably. Anyway, SOS had all the inside running and consequently a big advantage over the other 16 clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The standard contract for new draftees is two years but it's not that unusual for clubs to offer some draftees longer initial contracts, typically three years but sometimes longer. I think Mills and Heeney were both originally signed for three (and, of course, Mills has just signed on for an additional five after his initial three year contract expires).
    Two questions liz:

1. With Heeney and Mills did we wait until the end of pre-season to offer the extra year?
    2. Why didn't we make the same offer to our first pick (who we also selected for Round 1, unlike Hayward)? Or did we? And if so, does that mean he turned us down?

Warming the Bench
    Did we trade any of the future draft picks we will receive this year?
    (In other words, if we say, finish 8th, will we still have all relevant draft picks available at rounds 1, 2, 3, etc.?)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Of these players, I doubt if any other club would be interested in having anyone other than Franklin & Kennedy, or maybe Tippett, on their list.
    I'm surprised to see questions about Tippett's value as a player. Granted he is costly , due to injury prone. However, he was for the first half of last season just about the best ruck/ forward in the competition. Cruelled by injury for rest of last year, and again early this season. But sensational when fit.
    Curious bias in this room sometimes towards him...one which I don't share.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I'm surprised to see questions about Tippett's value as a player. Granted he is costly , due to injury prone. However, he was for the first half of last season just about the best ruck/ forward in the competition. Cruelled by injury for rest of last year, and again early this season. But sensational when fit.
    Curious bias in this room sometimes towards him...one which I don't share.
    I know there is a Tippett thread - but I'd also like to see a lot more "sensational" games from him this year.

Veterans List
    Did we trade any of the future draft picks we will receive this year?
    (In other words, if we say, finish 8th, will we still have all relevant draft picks available at rounds 1, 2, 3, etc.?)
    We currently have pick 3, 21, 39 :-) Hawthorn currently traded away pick 1 & 19 for O'Meara, mmmmmm!

Regular in the Side
    Sqq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We currently have pick 3, 21, 39 :-) Hawthorn currently traded away pick 1 & 19 for O'Meara, mmmmmm!
    Let's hope that one of those scenarios stays that way.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Let's hope that one of those scenarios stays that way.
    Then the Hawks could possibly get a Priority Draft Pick. I imagine a few on here would be far from happy!

Veterans List
    Then the Hawks could possibly get a Priority Draft Pick. I imagine a few on here would be far from happy!
    Priority Draft Picks for all intents and purposes don't exist any more. After years of bleeding high draft picks to homesickness and being anchored to the bottom of the table, last year Brisbane got a pick after the first round.

I wish we kept Membrey

Page 6 of 267 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast