Page 70 of 267 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    I appreciate that you think I am negative but sometimes you just go too far.
    Quite right grarmy, Ludwig's comment left a nasty taste in my mouth too.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Time over again would anyone else keep Mitchell and trade Parker ??
    No way

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Quite right grarmy, Ludwig's comment left a nasty taste in my mouth too.....
    ...though the comment probably made a bit of a splash.

Parker's more damaging. Mitchell is king of the around the back handball receive and the 1-2. We always had the inside mids to cover him, and with the rise of Lloyd his link play has been covered (but it took some time).

I feel like Mitchell was overshadowed at the Swans and he wanted to be the big fish - which he now is. He's the best mid at the Hawks, in Melbourne, at the Swans he'd be 3/4 best.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    I really don't think we're missing Mitchell at all
    Of course we are missing him.
    40 possessions per game for a player would add to any team.
    Bar the first 6 games we've coped without him and to some degree filled the void he left.
    Will be interesting to see if he keeps it up/gets injured etc
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Of course we are missing him.
    40 possessions per game for a player would add to any team.
    Bar the first 6 games we've coped without him and to some degree filled the void he left.
    Will be interesting to see if he keeps it up/gets injured etc
    We'd be better with him in the side but at full strength I don't feel we miss him too much, he is playing well but I agree with the critics who say a lot of his stats are junk possessions.

Senior Player
    No way.

Parker is more physical, is a more penetrating kick and a better mark. They probably cancel each other out with extraction.

Leadership is important and Parker seems to be vastly superior to Mitchell with leadership. I think a couple of years of the Hawks not making the finals have Mitchell looking for his next move.

I think next year will be a test for Mitchell without the incredible leadership of Luke Hodge. More will be expected from him in terms of on field leadership. Is he up to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Club 80 View Post
    Parker is more physical, is a more penetrating kick and a better mark. They probably cancel each other out with extraction.

Leadership is important and Parker seems to be vastly superior to Mitchell with leadership. I think a couple of years of the Hawks not making the finals have Mitchell looking for his next move.

I think next year will be a test for Mitchell without the incredible leadership of Luke Hodge. More will be expected from him in terms of on field leadership. Is he up to it?
    Do not care, as Mitchell is no longer a Swans player and Luke is, so no matter what happens we made the right decision.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I think I saw that he is 7th on the AFLCA votes leaderboard this week so that's not too shabby. We let him go for roughly the same reasons that the Hawks let JPK go, the only difference being that when Tom came to us he already had star potential. I think it is a shame that he is going to realise it with the Hawks . It was indeed a good move for him.

Veterans List
    Got a better mix in the midfield with Mitchell's departure. He wouldn't be getting the same numbers here as he wouldn't be the main man in the middle whereas at the Hawks he's nearly the only man!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Parker's more damaging. Mitchell is king of the around the back handball receive and the 1-2. We always had the inside mids to cover him, and with the rise of Lloyd his link play has been covered (but it took some time).

I feel like Mitchell was overshadowed at the Swans and he wanted to be the big fish - which he now is. He's the best mid at the Hawks, in Melbourne, at the Swans he'd be 3/4 best.
    Don't agree. He has gone ahead of Hanners. Mitchell has a massive tank and collects possessions all over the ground. Is a genuinely smart footballer. We are much lesser for his loss. Most consistent midfielder in the comp.

Veterans List
    McVeigh who looked a certain retirement earlier in the year is now playing very good football again showing he is a key component of our back 6 and will probably get another year if he keeps performing like this through to the end of the H&A and the now looking more than likely finals.

Not many players looking like certain delists at this point and we need to make three changes as per AFL rules. Probably only Leonardis & BJ are certainties, Talia maybe goes? That's three. Have I missed anyone in the likely going list?

Melican is an upgrade meaning only two ND selections, pick 17 & 35 :-) Won't use pick 53. As always, will be an interesting post season.