Page 77 of 267 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I wouldn't be against that in theory. I can think of a young player that he'd be keeping out of the team (ala Goodes with Membrey). Reiwoldt would be a good gap filler for that role and much better than Tippett. I don't think the he would do it however.
    Give it up.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's not a long list, though some have been selected outside the first round who are (or were) at worst competent. Some a fair bit better than just competent.

Fevola, Brown (Ben), Casboult, Pods, Mooney
    Exactly my point, that's a very small list given that Fevola & Mooney were recruited 20 years ago. Makes keeping Reid all the more important and hoping that Nick Blakey nominates us next year.

Reiterating, you don't allow KPF to walk out of your club for the sake of a few dollars or an extra contract year. Glad to hear we're talking 4 years, means any other suitors must come up with at least that.

Senior Player
    How has Tahlia been doing? Does he look likely at all for a senior recall? Where would he be in the pecking order after say Aliir Aliir or Marsh?

Not having see him play, I would conclude that by he not being selected to play if the firsts that he would be at the top of the pecking order to be de-listed at season's end unless he is still contracted for 2018.

Tahlia comparison to Maibaum is the one to watch

Why would Riewoldt slow down the development of a player in the NEAFL? Brander/Balta wouldn't be ready for seniors for a couple of years and Reiwoldt would be gone by then. BTW, Brander will go top 3 and we wouldn't be able trade up for that.
    Brander will not go top 3. Most people have him around 5-6. I'd expect both to play seniors in the first year.

Norf seem to be putting the cue in the rack. They play Brisbane in the last round of the year (Zak Jones Cup). Let's hope Brisbane don't win another game this season and their percentage decreases. If Norf finish bottom our bargaining position re Zac Jones won't be as strong.

Norf seem to be putting the cue in the rack. They play Brisbane in the last round of the year (Zak Jones Cup). Let's hope Brisbane don't win another game this season and their percentage decreases. If Norf finish bottom our bargaining position re Zac Jones won't be as strong.
    Is he going to want to go there though?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Is he going to want to go there though?
    Hopefully North won't have cap space if they land Dustin Martin & Josh Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Sam Reid can't kick a set shot 30 out on a angle... anyway he's been offered a four year deal and Jones also has an offer in front of him so if they don't sign in the next two or three weeks they're gone.

Sam Reid contract: Sydney to give restricted free agent forward four-year deal amid interest from Collingwood, Richmond | Fox Sports
    very interesting to see from here, clearly the last month or so hasn't helped Reid/Jones as far as squeezing every dollar out.

The Hun and Sen today running a rumour (via Tim Watson) that Dusty could be coming to Sydney. Would require us to "offload" Macca, Kizza and Tippo.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/07/25/the-sleeping-giants-in-dusty-chase/

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The Hun and Sen today running a rumour (via Tim Watson) that Dusty could be coming to Sydney. Would require us to "offload" Macca, Kizza and Tippo.

The sleeping giants in Dusty chase
    He has a point. We will be freeing up a fair bit of cap space at the end of this year. Especially if we lose Jones and/or Reid. Also, I can't see another club taking Tippett and 100% of his salary. It would be great if they would.

Martin would be an awesome fit for us but not so sure that he would fit our No Dickheads policy. I can see how he would be attracted to Sydney if he wants a premiership and less media exposure.