Page 98 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,165 to 1,176 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

It will be interesting to see how we play the trade period now.

Will we try and wheel and deal a bit? Would any of our under contract players attract bids? Aliir will for sure, Tippett may but I suspect that any suitor will want a big discount on his salary. Rose perhaps but he wouldn't have a lot of currency.

Personally I'd be happy enough to take our three draft picks and look for young midfield talent because I think all our other areas are looking very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post

Ps Ludwig, are you Papleys solar plexis?
    I can be many things, but I just couldn't stomach that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I can be many things, but I just couldn't stomach that one.
    It would make you punch drunk I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    He'll resign. No one will pay overs for him.
    I told you so......

2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    +1

I think it's great news that Sam has resigned. I rate him highly as a very smart footballer.
    I agree. That wonderful Jetta gallop down the ANZ plus goal in the 2012 PF v Collingwood was started by a very clever tap over the top from Reid to Hannebery (and then Hannebery handball to Jetta).

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    It will be interesting to see how we play the trade period now.

Will we try and wheel and deal a bit? Would any of our under contract players attract bids? Aliir will for sure ......
    How do RWO-ers feel about the possibility of Aliir's leaving? I think it was Ludwig who commented that Aliir's game on Saturday was his worst for three years. He's certainly been overtaken, and, from what I gather from RWO comments, he's lost ground rather than gained it this year.

So is there a consensus about his current value to us?

How do RWO-ers feel about the possibility of Aliir's leaving? I think it was Ludwig who commented that Aliir's game on Saturday was his worst for three years. He's certainly been overtaken, and, from what I gather from RWO comments, he's lost ground rather than gained it this year.

I think he is still very valuable and we'll see just how valuable if something happens to Reg or Melican over the rest of the season. He really is our only KPD cover although some would argue that Sammy could play there at a pinch. Hopefully Jack has developed enough to also be cover by end of next year but it's a bit hard to gauge with the NEAFL results, the sooner we get the mooted AFL Reserves comp on the Eastern Seaboard the better.

All players have their price of course and I think it would take a crazily silly offer from another club, which we won't get because he isn't even playing seniors, for us to even look at a trade.

We have no real areas of weakness on our list, this we have no reason to use him or anyone else as trade bait.

If he doesn't get a good go at seniors next year I hope we can get him to a club that can use him but I would hope a big pre-season will see him raring to go with a point to prove, along with Dawson. On the Dawson note I actually really like that we are making this kid earn his spot in the seniors, even though he is going gangbusters in the twos

Veterans List
    Great news on Sam Reid, was always a must keep player despite some of the trade him out vibes on here. KPF are absolutely the hardest players to get and Reid is a good KPF and a good swingman. All the media noise out of Melbourne has proved to be just that, noise. For all the talk of players moving clubs, all we've seen so far is re-signings.

So that's our re-signings done and what a great effort by the club to get all the key players signed to long term contracts so no poaching from other clubs. We've also got extensions on our youngest future key players, it's a happy place at the Swans.

With everyone locked away we can now concentrate on finals and develop a plan for trade week/fortnight and the ND.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I think he is still very valuable and we'll see just how valuable if something happens to Reg or Melican over the rest of the season. He really is our only KPD cover although some would argue that Sammy could play there at a pinch.
    Yeah I also believe Reid would just be shifted into defense rather than bringing in Aliir if Melican/Grundy goes down. And I'd argue that Marsh or Laidler is more likely to come into the side before him too.

I think he has huge potential and we'd be mad to let him go before he reaches it.

Veterans List
    I'd like to keep Allir, the potential in what we saw last year is too good to pass up, I hope his head is right after his earlier trip back to his homeland if that indeed has anything to do with his form......and great news about Sammy!

Allir feels like a free spirit trapped in a regimented club structure. Maybe he would be better off at gold coast?