Page 9 of 267 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think it's possible to get 'advice' from the AFL on compensation before allowing a RSA to go. Like with Vickery, Richmond knew they would get a 2nd rounder. It's supposed to be based on amount and length of contract. I'm sure these would fit the requirements for a first round pick in respect to Reid. That said, I doubt he will leave, mainly because his partner, Kim, is from Sydney, they are having their first baby, and she will surely want to be near her mother. There's more chance of Zak Jones leaving, but even this I would think is very slight.

I hope you are right. Hate to see these players go especially after loosing Mitchell last year. Despite his flaws he is a ball magnet who extracts from clearances which has been lacking in the first 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Apparently Bulldogs and Tigers are right into Reid. Even though he owes us for the lucrative he's been o and what he's given us in return it's going to be hard to keep him given the cash they have. I'd be happy to lose him but only if we got a first round pick for him. The AFL is going to be extremely hesitant to allow us two picks in the top 6 I would have thought.
    Its one thing if he goes to the Tigers, but I would be furious if he went to the doggies - mainly because I doubt there would be even a whimper of outrage in the AFL community if the Fairypuppies pick up another free agent forward on pretty decent sized $$$, given the absurd amount of money they paid to lure Tom Boyd to the club....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Probably a dumb question, but is our trade ban lifted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Its one thing if he goes to the Tigers, but I would be furious if he went to the doggies - mainly because I doubt there would be even a whimper of outrage in the AFL community if the Fairypuppies pick up another free agent forward on pretty decent sized $$$, given the absurd amount of money they paid to lure Tom Boyd to the club....
    They've also got Cloke, Crameri and Stringer as tall/medium forwards, with Tim English as a ruck-forward coming through. They're not struggling in this department.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Psycho View Post
    Probably a dumb question, but is our trade ban lifted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. We can now trade.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Given the Dogs, Tigers and Demons have been spending under the 100% cap over the last couple of years they will be be well placed to make good offers to Reid and Jones given the way the rules work now - i hope they both stay but a few wins would surely help the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Yep. We can now trade.
    Thanks, Bleeder!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Given the Dogs, Tigers and Demons have been spending under the 100% cap over the last couple of years they will be be well placed to make good offers to Reid and Jones given the way the rules work now - i hope they both stay but a few wins would surely help the decision.
    But with their emerging talent they will also have to be forward thinking and put funds aside if they want to keep their best youngsters.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

We should poach other clubs' fringe players that have potential to develop into great players but aren't given game-time opportunities. These players should be young, shown some ability at AFL level, have room to develop but doesn't cost a lot. We've been successful in the past poaching Josh Kennedy (from Hawthorn), Ted Richards (Essendon), Ben McGlynn (Hawthorn), Marty Mattner etc.

The hard part is identifying those diamonds in the rough.
    Last edited by tlock; 1st May 2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    But with their emerging talent they will also have to be forward thinking and put funds aside if they want to keep their best youngsters.
    But add in the Salary cap increase as well and it will be a big pot of money - and remember their youngsters are already at "home" - just think about St Kilda when Riewoldt and Montagna are off the books possibly next season not many big earners on their list after those two - they are well placed to have a crack at free agents and go home players

Just read on the Swans website Will Hayward's pocket profile. He barracked for the Crows when younger and his favourite city to visit is Adelaide. We will have to work hard to keep him in the long term if the Crows continue on their merry way and we continue on ours (of this year).

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Just read on the Swans website Will Hayward's pocket profile. He barracked for the Crows when younger and his favourite city to visit is Adelaide. We will have to work hard to keep him in the long term if the Crows continue on their merry way and we continue on ours (of this year).
    Hasn't he extended his contract by 2 years already?