Page 198 of 267 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,365 to 2,376 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    In order for Jack Watts to come to the Swans (if that's even likely), as I understand it, we'd need to offload Tippo. What do people think is the best outcome:

(a) things stay as they are and hope a preseason can bring back good Tippo
    (b) trade out Tippo and replace him (in salary cap terms) with Watts
    (c) trade out Tippo and have money for next year / another target
    As things stand now we have 4 players, Tippett, Naismith, Sinclair and Cameron, fighting for one senior spot, taking up around 10% of our salary cap. Without specifying who will do what, they will typically take on the following roles next year:

1. Senior side ruckman
    2. Reserves side ruckman
    3. Travelling emergency
    4. Injury list

What I had in mind was to try to trade Tippett at a giveaway price and use the money for the future. If that doesn't work, delist him and see if anyone will take him as a DFA. If that doesn't work, wait to see if at our 3rd round pick there is someone worth giving a 2 year contract to. If there is, then use that pick on that player, then redraft Tippett as a rookie. If not, redraft Tippett with our 3rd round pick.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 12th October 2017 at 05:18 PM.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    In order for Jack Watts to come to the Swans (if that's even likely), as I understand it, we'd need to offload Tippo. What do people think is the best outcome:

Or several clubs need more picks, like Essendon, so do we swap our pick 31 for a player???

Would you like Watts if we gave away pick 31, i hear 27 was meant to be acceptable from some club for him???

Or my total dream trade, Connor McKenna for pick 31??? Don't thinks that will happen.

But keep pick 14 and trade the 31, use the other picks for rookie upgrades.

Watts has problems but who else will you get at pick 31 who can play at AFL standard.

PS my love child Mitch MacCarthy has been delisted by Collingwood.

Surely worth a rookie spot?????
    doof-doof

B!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    B!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

i'm up for that

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    As things stand now we have 4 players, Tippett, Naismith, Sinclair and Cameron, fighting for one senior spot, taking up around 10% of our salary cap. Without specifying who will do what, they will typically take on the following roles next year:

1. Senior side ruckman
    2. Reserves side ruckman
    3. Travelling emergency
    4. Injury list

What I had in mind was to try to trade Tippett at a giveaway price and use the money for the future. If that doesn't work, delist him and see if anyone will take him as a DFA. If that doesn't work, wait to see if at our 3rd round pick there is someone worth giving a 2 year contract to. If there is, then use that pick on that player, then redraft Tippett as a rookie. If not, redraft Tippett with our 3rd round pick.
    You can't really tear up a players contract. But we could have done what the Bulldogs / Melbourne have done and trash their contracted player as publicly as possible and make it clear they have little future at the club. I'm very glad we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Rohan any day of the week!
    Neither

I'm not tipping it to happen but I no longer think trading Tippo is as fanciful as i did. The key difference is that although he would continue to be able to collect his salary we can now credibly tell him that if he sticks with us he could remain mired in the reserves and that could be enough to get him to agree to a change. Still have to find a taker at a price that would suit. Pity that the Suns very likely have no use for him given his Gold Coast connection. I don't suppose Brisbane would be interested either even though they're likely to lose Schache although I hope we have sounded them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Who would rather have in our forward line in the finals, Rohan or Membrey?
    If Rohan was parked in our forward line instead of floating around the ground, I would definitely take him over Membrey.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    If Rohan was parked in our forward line instead of floating around the ground, I would definitely take him over Membrey.
    Hear, hear!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Points for Academy and F/S selections. I seem to remember that the AFL tweaked the points system to stop clubs (GWS) paying for high draft picks with a host of much later, almost junk picks.

I think it was something along the lines of, lets say you match a pick at 8 but you only have pick 18 which won't be sufficient points even with the 15% discount, the extra points needed come off your first rounder for the following year.

Have I got that correct?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    That's been in place since they implemented the system. The restriction they put in place was that the number of draft picks you could use to match had to be equal to the number of open list spots you currently hold.

You can't really tear up a players contract. But we could have done what the Bulldogs / Melbourne have done and trash their contracted player as publicly as possible and make it clear they have little future at the club. I'm very glad we didn't.
    We're above doing that.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.