Page 247 of 267 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 2,953 to 2,964 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I like Oscar Allen, but I think he will go to the Eagles at pick 13, but even if not, I think we would prefer Higgins or Fogarty. We've been linked to forward Tom McCartin for our 2nd pick. Toby Wooller, who is similar to Allen, is also likely to be available at our 2nd pick. I would prefer taking one of those if we are interested in a tall forward and use our first pick on a midfielder type. Noah Balta seems to have slipped into the post 30s group. I'm not sure why he's fallen out of favour so much. And who would have thought that Brander would be available at pick 14 a couple of weeks ago?

Jordon Butts looks like a late bolter. Still only 17. Would be a good 3rd round pick up, but may not last to pick 51.
    Yes, I suppose that Jordan Butts, will go well with our Jordan Foote. I wonder if there are any Kneebones in contention for next year's draft?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I suppose that Jordan Butts, will go well with our Jordan Foote. I wonder if there are any Kneebones in contention for next year's draft?
    ...to go with that young Croation gun, Pelvic...... ....or should that be the bolter from Nashville, Pelvis? Ok. I've had a few scotch's.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    ...to go with that young Croation gun, Pelvic...... ....or should that be the bolter from Nashville, Pelvis? Ok. I've had a few scotch's.
    I don't even have that excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    If Hiscox were still on our list, Butts could be a problem.

Regular in the Side
    surely not a mall fwd . Papley and maybe ronke as a follow up. nedd 6ft midfielders with outside run.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Let's face it, nobody has a clue who's going to get through to the Swans at 14. Since yesterday Cal Twomey has now revised his draft and has O'Brien, Richards, Bonar and Stephenson all gone before our turn and has us picking Oscar Allen rather than Higgins or Lachie Fogarty.

Cal Twomey's late mail: Top five shake-up - AFL.com.au
    The club will know down to about 3 players who they are going to select. The old days of making it up as you go along are gone.

It always amuses me that the so called draft experts think they can reliably predict who will pick who in order. One thing is certain. Club recruiting people are certainly not telling any outsiders who they have on their list so these phantom drafts are fantasy exercises. Like them I have no clue who the Swans will select tonight but I do have a lot of faith based on history that our recruiting team will get it mostly right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Rookie List
    Whoever they are, so long as the can kick!

Finally, the draft has arrived. Is it just me, or has this dragged on this year? Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come around.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Finally, the draft has arrived. Is it just me, or has this dragged on this year? Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come around.
    I think it's felt particularly long because we didn't trade any players in

Veterans List
    Draft day arrives and no one it seems has any idea what the order will be, including the recruiters, most open draft ever it seems. Who falls to us at 14 is still a mystery, wouldn't be surprised if we and our recruiters were surprised who had slipped to our pick. Just one thing to remember - In KB I/we trust

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    It always amuses me that the so called draft experts think they can reliably predict who will pick who in order. One thing is certain. Club recruiting people are certainly not telling any outsiders who they have on their list so these phantom drafts are fantasy exercises. Like them I have no clue who the Swans will select tonight but I do have a lot of faith based on history that our recruiting team will get it mostly right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes you are right. Who the Swans pick will be determined by whoever is left in the pool at our picks. As Kinnear always says; 'Best Available'.