Page 253 of 267 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 3,025 to 3,036 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

On a total random note, does Luke Power age? He looks the same as when he played!

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Another defender...we just need more.

Darcy Moore must have pantsed Eddies daughter..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Sorry the other Moore. Dylan.
    McVeigh may not have much influence this year Mills long term moves into midfield. Nick Smith also turns 30 next year

Veteran Site Admin
    I wonder if the Swans get any special insights into the Geelong Falcons boys from their coach. I hope they have longer and more illustrious careers with the club than he did!

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    McCartin still has to finish high school next year.
    Isn't that what happened with Hanners too?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Isn't that what happened with Hanners too?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Also Dangerfield.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Ling looks like just the sort of player the team needs. Seems to move well and first instincts are to run and carry.

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    I just Googled to see if he is but no articles popped up to say he is related to him.

And there goes Fogarty to the Cats.
    Yes, from what I can make out, Matthew is no relation to Cameron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    McCartin is a good choice, given we are a bit light on key forwards, despite being in line for Nick Blakey next year. Tom is not like his older brother. He's much more mobile and agile.
    Hopefully with a harder head.

Pushing for Selection
    I can see what we have done..2 good kicks, two runners to help Ollie and will.
    My only concern....not big ball winners.... Rowan can be anything if we give him the ball. Are these two the same.

I imagine some of our ressies like orioden, Dawson, Fisher etc, will help get the balls to these guys.
    Winning your own ball especially in the twos will get you noticed.

Overall we need speed and direction, toughness will be a given if you are to be blooded

Senior Player
    All 3 players s ored really well in the YoYo test fwiw.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

I think we should be very pleased with our picks, especially since our draft position wasn't particularly good. There were some good players on the board when we took Mathew Ling: Higgins, Fogarty and Richards to name a few, but we went with Ling, so have to feel that our draft experts feel very strongly about him. They it well under wraps as we.

Stoddard was rated by many to go in the early 20s, in some cases earlier than Ling. We picked up 2 very quick and evasive players with good kicking skills and vision, something we all feel we need more of.

I think the Tom McCartin call is that we see a lot of potential in him. He will be a project player, but we don't need him playing senior footy for next few years. I'm sure we put a lot of work into this pick. It was the one pick that we had in fact been linked to. Geelong were also supposedly interested.

I wanted Houlahan but Stoddart is a steal for pick 54. It goes to show how unpredictable this draft was for the "expert" phantom drafters.

Chris Doerre AKA Knightmare had Stoddart picked at 21, McCartin at 23, and Ling at 29. Twomey had them at 21, 23, and 30. Ling may have been a stretch according to these junior watchers but Stoddart and McCartin are steals. Of course, only time will tell how successful this draft is but it is always nice to speculate.

Veterans List
    Twomey's Phantom Draft had Stoddart at pick 21, my bolding

RYLEY STODDART

POS: Half-back
    Ht 183cm Wt 73kg DOB 15/10/99
    From Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro

The Eagles have been linked to Stoddart as a player who can come onto their list and bring some more run, drive and excitement through from defence. In time he will likely be able to spend some more minutes in the midfield and on a wing, but Stoddart will need to lift his possession rate before that happens. For now, though, his lovely ball use and good temperament make him a good option in the second round.

Also, Geelong Advertiser did an article recently on Ling and has a pic of him sitting at his desk I assume in his bedroom, on the wall a signed framed Swans guernsey so he's one of us, must be stoked!
    Last edited by 707; 24th November 2017 at 09:46 PM.