Page 58 of 267 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Why would you want Casboult when we've already got Reid?
    Casboult would manage a 1000 page thread I reckon - if people don't like Tippo, god the would not like Casboult. Can clunk a ball but that's about it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

[QUOTE=S.S. Bleeder;730140]I agree. He's had a few good games this year but he's never lived up to his potential due to constant injuries, like his brother. When he's on song he's great but it just doesn't happen often enough. If the figures that he is being offered are correct we would get a first round draft pick as compensation for losing him. In that case, let him go, give Jones a few extra dollars and invest two first round picks into this draft (maybe even trade one this year for next year).

- - - Updated - - -

I'll ask again who would support Franklin? If the club atleast had a small amount of depth in their forward stocks Id understand it but we basically have a rookie forward in his first year on an afl list in Pink. Brander may fall to our pick but his championship has been disappointing so far, apart from that you have Balta who may or may not turn out ok. These are about the only 2 kpf that may fall to our pick n then you'll be waiting to 2020 for them hopefully show any type of consistent form. Unless like I've said we make a play for casboult, which I'm not against. The club has been caught in a very difficult situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Casboult would manage a 1000 page thread I reckon - if people don't like Tippo, god the would not like Casboult. Can clunk a ball but that's about it.
    His year this year is a lot more consistent n his kicking has improved but yeh he'd be frustrating if in your side, atleast it's some type of fall back if Reid leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    He's staying in Adelaide or coming home
    Now Boddo, it sounds like you're from WA yourself and you believe you have your finger on the pulse of this whole McGovern situation. But surely your analysis of this unique opportunity to utilise a father/son relationship ignores some crucial historical lures and precedents:

1) the Swans honoured Mitch's dad by using the much sought after pick 4 to recruit him (these days we'd have to trade out Buddy and throw in Tippo for good measure to secure pick 4 to allow us to recruit Mitch's dad at #4!).

2) after 2 seasons and 20 games, we did the right thing by Mitch's dad and (rather than trying to orchestrate some unreasonable trade to get Andrew home) simply delisted him, allowing him to return home with no fuss.

3) not only that, Mitch will be fully aware how the Swans have looked after some of their father son prospects in the past (you know showing Dempster the door, knowing it would eventually turn him into an All Australian defender; offering Tommy Mitchell an undervalued contract to encourage him to seek a more lucrative contract at Hawthorn that will set him up financially for life & allowing him to lead the leagues disposals because his new club kindly traded out these best ball getters in the process)

Mitch will surely realise that the Swans father/son lure will be too strong to resist. It would override the temptation to return "home" to his parents or to play with his brother. It would trump the pseudo father/son situation that might exists with the 63 games more Andrew played with Freo. The desire to be at the Swans would surely outweigh any loyalty to club that drafted him in a city that adores him?

Call me a glass half full kinda guy but I reckon we can keep Reid and Jones and make Buddy-esque play for Mitch McGovern too. He, like Bud & Tip before him will simply want to join us!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Surely we can milk the Swans family connection with his dad, Andrew?
    While the sarcasm here is subtle (for some)

Now Boddo, it sounds like you're from WA yourself and you believe you have your finger on the pulse of this whole McGovern situation. But surely your analysis of this unique opportunity to utilise a father/son relationship ignores some crucial historical lures and precedents:

1) the Swans honoured Mitch's dad by using the much sought after pick 4 to recruit him (these days we'd have to trade out Buddy and throw in Tippo for good measure to secure pick 4 to allow us to recruit Mitch's dad at #4!).

2) after 2 seasons and 20 games, we did the right thing by Mitch's dad and (rather than trying to orchestrate some unreasonable trade to get Andrew home) simply delisted him, allowing him to return home with no fuss.

3) not only that, Mitch will be fully aware how the Swans have looked after some of their father son prospects in the past (you know showing Dempster the door, knowing it would eventually turn him into an All Australian defender; offering Tommy Mitchell an undervalued contract to encourage him to seek a more lucrative contract at Hawthorn that will set him up financially for life & allowing him to lead the leagues disposals because his new club kindly traded out these best ball getters in the process)

Mitch will surely realise that the Swans father/son lure will be too strong to resist. It would override the temptation to return "home" to his parents or to play with his brother. It would trump the pseudo father/son situation that might exists with the 63 games more Andrew played with Freo. The desire to be at the Swans would surely outweigh any loyalty to club that drafted him in a city that adores him?

Call me a glass half full kinda guy but I reckon we can keep Reid and Jones and make Buddy-esque play for Mitch McGovern too. He, like Bud & Tip before him will simply want to join us!
    Clearly the piss has been taken

Bwahaha good one

U18 Televised Games on FoxFooty

Round 4:
    VC v WA June 30 2.10pm
    VM v SA June 30 4.40pm

Round 5
    VM v Allies July 5 2.10pm
    VC v SA July 5 4.40pm

Vic Metro vs South Australia currently on now (before the Melbourne vs Swans game coverage on FoxFooty)

Vic Metro will have a lot of players who end up being drafted in the first round.
    Last edited by SeanM; 30th June 2017 at 06:12 PM.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Jones is gone. His interview showed what is happening or what is not being said.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Which interview?

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Jones is gone. His interview showed what is happening or what is not being said.

What?

Please explain.

You can't post that without some reference or link. It's either trolling or very ****ing annoying (or both) ????

What part of his interview did you get the inclination? Or what part of what's not being said? Or was it just the vibe?