Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
Not correct, they are not in the same situation. Players picked in the last round of the ND get a two year contract, rookies only get a one year contract.

It's why teams pass with late picks in the ND where they could have grabbed a player they want but who then went before their first pick in the RD a couple of days later. There is enough doubt surrounding late picks that you don't want to be paying them more $ for two years when you can see what they've got for less $ for just one year.

Have I read your post correctly Boddo?

- - - Updated - - -

Leo Barry'ish?
Have you read mine. "They train, they live exactly the same but get paid less" they are in exactly the same situation. Contract wise it could have easily been a one year contract for anyone taken after round 5 or 6. We used to have lists of 52 then they were reduced as stand alone reserves disappeared, which is fair. Players taken late in the draft had pay parity then. E.g chris grant taken at pick 105. Now we've gone full circle n back to larger lists with stand alone reserves with Cat A rookie players only being rookie by name. No pay parity. I'm surprised no1 can see this. They are basically main listed players getting underpaid.