Page 107 of 267 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,273 to 1,284 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    For someone under 30, there is not a lot going on in Adelaide. I used to work for a company with offices in Sydney and Adelaide. Every time I went to the Adelaide office, one by one the under 30 single people would ask me on the sly if I could find a job for them in Sydney.
    Think it could be a huge factor for some players.
    There isn't much going on in Adelaide for those over 30 either!

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I've never lived in Adelaide or Melbourne, so I don't really know what that is like on a long term basis, but you'd
    have to think living in Sydney with a very nice pay packet would have it's appeal to a 24 year old.
    I've lived in both. 8 in Melbourne (that was after 14 in country Victoria) and 22 in Adelaide. I can tell you where I'd much rather be. But I do understand Sammy's influence of the local partner keeping you in a city (he's so fortunate his comes from Sydney!).

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Not quite Barry but when you look at the mighty powerful side that is GWS now and then look who they have gleefully traded away, you can see that their start up concessions were well over the top. I've done a quick list of GWS still on other clubs lists this year, Barry, did you want to shuffle them into a logical looking team so we can assess how good the GWS discards team actually is?

Hampton
    Jaksch (dud)
    Lamb (so so)
    Marchbank
    Palmer (past it)
    Phillips
    Pickett (potential)
    Plowman
    Sumner (dud)
    Adams
    Treloar
    Stewart
    McCarthy
    Bugg (thug)
    Tyson
    Hombsch
    Miles (so so)
    Townsend (dud)
    Bruce
    Steele
    Giles
    Boyd
    Due to the poor start by Gold Coast (largely due to injuries as opposed to lack of talent) I think the AFL believed that they needed to up the anti with GWS to ensure their success. As a result, they over did it and created a team far superior than they anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    If you look at the 20 players who have played the most games for GWS, 18 of them are still at the club.
    Surely the reason they've played the most games for GWS is because they're still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I wonder if living in Adelaide is an issue?

Small-minded provincial city with an obsession about bloodlines, private schooling and lack of convict heritage along with a nasty little underbelly. Insufferable wine snobs and obsessives about social status.
    Not a bad description and I grew up there! Having said that guys like Sloan and betts seem happy.

A really significant cost of living difference between Adelaide and Syd/Melb these days.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    AJ is already contracted for 2018.
    Actually, liz, are you sure about this? In my mind it was just this season (it actually makes sense we would only extend a year at a time given he is such a gamble and might have re-injured) and then I found this: New deal for AJ - sydneyswans.com.au. Have you got more up to date info?

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    A really significant cost of living difference between Adelaide and Syd/Melb these days.
    The cheaper property prices of SA are offset by the ridiculous utility prices and lower wages here

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    The cheaper property prices of SA are offset by the ridiculous utility prices and lower wages here
    A great place to be retired in - if you don't use heating & cooling!

The most interesting list management decisions for some time coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A great place to be retired in - if you don't use heating & cooling!
    Or water. Or pay rates. Or say words with an eastern state accent.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Or water. Or pay rates. Or say words with an eastern state accent.
    Let's hope it's a great place to be on Friday night!

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Steven Motlop played a great game on the weekend.

Very fast and talented.

Yes he is lazy but sometime a change of clubs produces a change of attitude and as a RFA won't cost us a draft spot.

Imagine him and Rohan, both speeders, ripping up the SCG,
    doof-doof

We've got Papley, Towers, Hayward as well as Rohan, with players like Dawson, Fisher, Murray, Rose, Florent and Cunningham biding their time and waiting for a chance in the 2s. I'm not too familiar with what Motlop has to offer but he ain't Cyril and I'm not jumping.