Page 201 of 267 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,412 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    List clogger, had his chances, was unlucky with injury but id be disappointed if Hayward, Floreant, Dawson and this years first rounder didn't go past him

- - - Updated - - -

Tippett, Pick 14 and Robinson for Lynch......
    Would you agree to that if you were Dew? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You would think Dan's manager would have tested the waters to see if there was some interest before asking for a trade. Dan was one of the players I listed who should consider going to another club for more opportunities. I think he would be a good fit for GC who are in real need of midfielders. I would take an upgrade of our pick 32 to one of their picks in the 20s.
    XRs manager thanks you for the advice.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    When I read the news flash I immediately thought of X Richards fateful decision last year. Only difference is Robbo does have a contract for 2018.

Dew knows him well and other Suns coaches would have seen a lot of him in the NEAFL. Probably his best hope on a 1-2 year deal, we'd get a very modest pick upgrade at best.

Still perplexed about Pies and Murray, you hardly ever see targeting of another club's rookie. What do Pies know that we don't?
    Obviously Murray doesnt defend or tackle enough. Longmire wanted another rookie contract for Murray or put a line through him.

I am very uneasy about this as I think he can play AFL level but Bucks might kill his career anyway.

We need slow back flankers to win premierships not the other types.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Nothing. They know the same thing we do ... that any player in a red and white jumper would improve a player list wearing & white jumpers.
    While many of us know that, I doubt if many pies know that?

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Hear that the Pie's may be sniffing around Tippo.

They need a big body forward to help Darcy Moore..just a whisper.
    LOL. Haven't they learned from being burnt in Maine and Wells deals? Imagine three overpaid spuds on their list. It would be awesome.

A reasonable solution for us on these 2 potential trades would be:

1. Murray and pick 51 to Collingwood for pick 38 (equal to pick 55 in value points).
    2. Robinson and pick 38 to Gold Coast for pick 25 (= pick 49).
    3. That works out to Murray, Robinson and pick 51 for pick 25.

That would give us picks 14, 25 and 31 which should be 3 good players to work with out of this draft. I would be happy with that.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 13th October 2017 at 08:16 PM.

100%

Dawson Florent Hayward etc will get plenty of game time anyways

1. Murray and pick 51 to Collingwood for pick 38 (equal to pick 55 in value points).

That would give us picks 14, 25 and 31 which should be 3 good players to work with out of this draft. I would be happy with that.
    Don�t see us getting a pick in the 20s for Robinson. There�s talk Wilson will go to Freo for pick 40!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Don�t see us getting a pick in the 20s for Robinson. There�s talk Wilson will go to Freo for pick 40!
    I don't think that will do the deal for Wilson. The problem is that Freo only have pick 5, 41 and 42, so it's difficult to construct a fair trade just using this year's picks. Maybe Freo's 2018 2nd rounder and pick 41 would be enough.

With the proposed Robinson trade, it's a matter of moving up 13 places, not a straight trade for pick 25. It comes to a value points equivalent of pick 49, which sounds more than fair. Also would give GC 3 consecutive picks at 37,38 and 39 which has some added value to having picks spaced apart.

I doubt it will go down this way. Who knows if anyone wants Robbo. And there could be future picks involved as well.

It will be hard to get any deals done with GC before they complete the Adam Saad and Gary Ablett trades.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 13th October 2017 at 10:15 PM.

On the veteran's list
    Robbo will go out on a token deal like Membrey and Biggs. Probably a pick we won't even use. Like Membrey and Biggs a depth player in the Swans structures. Only hope is maybe him plus a pick for Watts.

Ludwig, your cup runneth over.....With unbridled optimism.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Strange one, considering:

1. He is a Sydney boy.
    2. He's received chances when fit.
    Yes, I thought the chances given to him were reasonably generous and not grasped.