Page 112 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,333 to 1,344 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

I hope he's not going to the giants!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Fresh article by Neil Cordy saying McVeigh almost certain to leave a la Mitchell. Left an uneasy feeling in my stomach.
    Sam Mitchell that is - one year and then coaching role
    McVeigh set to leave Swans - Daily Telegraph
    McVeigh set to leave Swans

Will be strange to see him in any other coloured jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I'd be very sad to see him go off elsewhere on a one year contract, but hopefully at very least we can do what is needed to ensure Game 300 is at the Swans - would be awful to lose in the first week of the finals and leave him stuck on 299 before heading off elsewhere to play game 300.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Lost a lot of respect for McVeigh over the last two years with the way he put himself over the team like last year when he declared himself fit and came straight into the team without a game in the reserves. And of course the GF where he got in front of cameras told commentators and journos on and off camera he would play in the GF putting pressure on the club about leaving a captain out a GF.

ROK could have gone to another club but finished up a one club player short of 300 and he actually wanted to be traded.

Finish a one club player Macca whether you get to 300 games or not.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Lost a lot of respect for McVeigh over the last two years with the way he put himself over the team like last year when he declared himself fit and came straight into the team without a game in the reserves. And of course the GF where he got in front of cameras told commentators and journos on and off camera he would play in the GF putting pressure on the club about leaving a captain out a GF.

ROK could have gone to another club but finished up a one club player short of 300 and he actually wanted to be traded.

Finish a one club player Macca whether you get to 300 games or not.
    We don't know the ins and outs of what happened with selection last year before GF. Club is very professional so prepared to back their judgment. Don't think they would have succumbed to any pressure from a player. I understand why he could leave, just don't like premiership captain playing somewhere else.

Not sure if that's a particularly convincing article? While he may have some inside knowledge, the only reasons that he gives for his assertion that Macca will be moving on, are that he's in really good form, and that Hawthorn and Geelong have a history of getting rid of in-form veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Not sure if that's a particularly convincing article? While he may have some inside knowledge, the only reasons that he gives for his assertion that Macca will be moving on, are that he's in really good form, and that Hawthorn and Geelong have a history of getting rid of in-form veterans.
    I agree. Article offers nothing except he wants to play on and has not been offered a new contract YET. Could also be him getting in Neil Cordy's ear trying to put pressure on the club.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    I agree. Article offers nothing except he wants to play on and has not been offered a new contract YET. Could also be him getting in Neil Cordy's ear trying to put pressure on the club.
    Cordy normally measured and reliable I would have thought.

We don't know the ins and outs of what happened with selection last year before GF. Club is very professional so prepared to back their judgment. Don't think they would have succumbed to any pressure from a player. I understand why he could leave, just don't like premiership captain playing somewhere else.
    True but it was extremely annoying him just saying when ever he in front of camera or on the radio that he was definitely playing. He didn't even give the cliques of we need to tick the boxes or train Wednesday and see how it pulls up. I like McVeigh one of my favourite players of the last decade hopefully Jude Micky O Tadhg or some of the old guard convince him to retire a one club player.

Cordy normally measured and reliable I would have thought.
    He is, but this is nothing but pure speculation. And it is the Tele.

There's not too many negative issues to write about the Swans ATM, and that's frustrating for journos whose living depends on on it ..
    I get the Tele every day and they have only had low Col inches this week about Swans, much more about GWS.
    Buddy and Jacinta or J by herself sometimes make Page 3. She's a bit tired after a few cat walk blah blah blah ...
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge admirer.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    True but it was extremely annoying him just saying when ever he in front of camera or on the radio that he was definitely playing. He didn't even give the cliques of we need to tick the boxes or train Wednesday and see how it pulls up. I like McVeigh one of my favourite players of the last decade hopefully Jude Micky O Tadhg or some of the old guard convince him to retire a one club player.

We may have offered him something but if another club has offered the S. Mitchell scenario, it may be difficult. Also, salary cap may be an issue re keeping younger players. Only speculating of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    He is, but this is nothing but pure speculation. And it is the Tele.
    Agree Tele is a shocker but there are a few reasonable journos in News Ltd who have to make a living.