Page 245 of 267 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 2,929 to 2,940 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Confirmation that COR is being promoted to the senior list, and is rewarded with a contract ending 2019.

Irishman secures future with new deal - sydneyswans.com.au
    The good oil keeps on coming!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Happy days for COR. Now he just needs to have a great preseason and put his hand up for selection.

Here�s a question. Cal Twomey�s Phantom draft has us taking Lochie O�Brien at 14. He�s clearly a better athlete than Florent, but how else are they different and which will be the better player?

Callum Twomey's 2017 Phantom Draft - M.afl.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Happy days for COR. Now he just needs to have a great preseason and put his hand up for selection.
    I've been a big fan of O'Riordan from the start. He didn't quite have the year I had hoped for following his good 2016 where he made the NEAFL all star team (or whatever they call it), but he still showed he has important AFL attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Here�s a question. Cal Twomey�s Phantom draft has us taking Lochie O�Brien at 14. He�s clearly a better athlete than Florent, but how else are they different and which will be the better player?
    I think Florent is the better athlete. He came in 1st in the beep test in the combine. O'Brien is quick, has excellent endurance and is said to be the best kick in the draft. Florent has similar attributes, but seems more evasive. Comparing the 2 in their respective draft years, I think Florent will be the better player. There's some question about O'Brien's ability to win his own ball, but he seemed to go well in marking contests. Maybe he wasn't given enough opportunities to play on ball to show what he can do. Overall, he looks a good prospect. I'm sure KB would have looked into his competitiveness, if that's an issue at all.

O'Brien seems a good fit for our needs but Bonar or Stephenson would be more exciting if available.

Twomey has Richmond making out like bandits with Brander, Naish, Hayes and Stephenson! Seems an amazing draft haul for the reigning premiers. Hats off to him if he's right (which seems unlikely) or even if he gets 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    O'Brien seems a good fit for our needs but Bonar or Stephenson would be more exciting if available.

Twomey has Richmond making out like bandits with Brander, Naish, Hayes and Stephenson! Seems an amazing draft haul for the reigning premiers. Hats off to him if he's right (which seems unlikely) or even if he gets 3/4.
    If Stephenson makes it to 14 I�d love the Swans to take him. Bonar�s knees would have to be a concern.

I sense that more list managers are worried about Stephenson's heart than Bonar's knee. If Stephenson gets past pick 10 then you know there are concerns at several clubs. It's a harder call on Bonar, because he has such a small body of work to look at, having missed the better part of the past 2 seasons. If they were both deemed fit to play by our medicos, I would prefer Bonar, although Stephenson wouldn't be far behind.

Ed Richards has really pushed his way up the ladder. Richards, Lachlan Fogarty, Higgins and O'Brien would all seem good picks and certainly at least one will get through to us. If Clark or Bonar slip to our pick, they would certainly be in the mix.

KB's interview really shed light on how little we fans know about the players compared to the recruiters and just how many important considerations we don't have access to.

Veterans List
    Repeat after me - In KB I trust

This draft, more than any previously, seems to be all over the place

Despite the coaches ruining some brilliant talent that KB selected with first round picks in some drafts gone by , I do have faith in him. I feel like he's one of the best in the business and that the club has a similar amount of faith in him (as evidenced by our recruiting "team" mostly being him (apparently Michael Agresta mostly schedules which scouts attend which different games and does video editing; and Ross Monaghan watches under-agers to have an idea what the future holds).

While the recruiters certainly know much more than us about than the potential draftees there are some really good profiles to look at for some of them e.g. Going Places on afl.com.au gives some real insights into the players they profile. Gives me confidence to select Stephenson if he's still available for instance (I hope he is).

I'm hoping to attend the draft since it's in Sydney this year and there are tickets available. Is anyone else planning on attending? And does anyone have any idea how long it runs for? I know it takes a bit longer than it used to but it's still only a matter of an hour or so? It doesn't go all night like Brownlow etc does it? Given that the headline acts all come up front I don't think it would. Should be an interesting experience to do it once although I suspect it won't be something I'll want to repeat. Good prep for the upcoming Citi experience that I'm drooling over.

Every time I see KB, I Think Kevin Bartlett and I wonder what I've missed in the media.
    Then I realise....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Great news

Category: | Herald Sun

�SYDNEY young guns Tom Papley and George Hewett have recommitted until the end of 2020, helping cement another two of the Swans� Generation Next...�

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Great news

Category: | Herald Sun

�SYDNEY young guns Tom Papley and George Hewett have recommitted until the end of 2020, helping cement another two of the Swans� Generation Next...�
    Gotta love this club, very happy playing group, so many are signing up longer term, even Buddy!