Page 210 of 267 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,509 to 2,520 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    uuuh, I take it you're not buoyant about our future prospects then Barry?
    We are still in the premiership window, but statistically just going to the draft where you first pick is 14 ish is going to slowly pull you back to the field.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I think we should always keep a first round pick in any draft.

Not necessarily. We picked up 2 potential guns in Florent and Hayward last year. If this year's draft is ordinary, 2 first round picks in a stronger draft next year makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We are still in the premiership window, but statistically just going to the draft where you first pick is 14 ish is going to slowly pull you back to the field.
    Let's not forget that our first pick in 2012 was pick 22 and we got Dean Towers. Surely you can't complain about that.

Every once in a while we get a top 10 pick which, as you might say, can go a long way to winning premierships. Like our 2009 pick 6 for instance. Or perhaps our pick 5 from 2002. The heaps of praise you've bestowed on those top 10 picks is immeasurable.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    This is an interesting development:

�Sydney holds No.14 and would deal that selection to the Dogs if it was able to secure an extra 2018 first-round selection in addition to either 25 or 30.�
    That does sound ridiculous in that we would probably get a higher pick in next year's draft than we give up in this one, plus we get another 2nd round pick this year.

It seems like the Bulldogs really want another 1st rounder. I would seriously consider trading our picks 14 and 33 for the 3 Bulldogs' 2nd round picks after the Stringer trade, which would be 25, 28 and 30.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Every once in a while we get a top 10 pick which, as you might say, can go a long way to winning premierships. Like our 2009 pick 6 for instance. Or perhaps our pick 5 from 2002.
    That pick hasn't actually helped us win a GF yet and maybe never will (Rohan), which was your point of course, but the other first round pick from 2002 certainly has! (McVeigh) It just goes to show what a lottery the draft is ... over the years we've got some champions with 2nd and 3rd round picks and even a gem late in the Rookie draft (Paps). Kinnear will do his thing whatever picks we have......
    Last edited by stevoswan; 17th October 2017 at 08:44 PM.

Warming the Bench
    N. Blakey will be a Swan - you can bank on that. Also, 2018 draft is an absolute belter - could be best of all.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    That pick hasn't actually helped us win a GF yet and maybe never will (Rohan), which was your point of course, but the other first round pick from 2002 certainly has! (McVeigh) It just goes to show what a lottery the draft is ... over the years we've got some champions with 2nd and 3rd round picks and even a gem late in the Rookie draft (Paps). Kinnear will do his thing whatever picks we have......
    I thought it was more obvious that my reply was that our only 2 top 10 picks from 1999 to 2013 were both targets for scathing criticism from barry. I'm okay with both of them.

We've had a dismal record with 1st round picks until 2013, which is one of the reasons I wouldn't mind trading down to get more value this year. There's no one in this draft that you could say will be a gun player for sure, while there were lots last year and looks a though there will be a fair few next year as well, although they are likely to be gone by the time we come to the draft. At least we should get Blakey.

Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    N. Blakey will be a Swan - you can bank on that. Also, 2018 draft is an absolute belter - could be best of all.
    2018 will also be the first draft in which bids can be made for Next Generation academy players. Probably won�t be many coming through so early in this system but Tarryn Thomas, from the Roos academy, will be there. From all reports he has extremely high potential to be an excellent senior AFL player and is likely to be bid on high in the draft. So North Melbourne might need a largish bundle of points to land him.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    What became of Lloyd Perris?
    Delisted last year. Signed with Sydney Uni but never played a game due to his injury. Believe he won�t be there next year.

Veteran Site Admin
    We've had a dismal record with 1st round picks until 2013, .
    Mitchell went OK

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Delisted last year. Signed with Sydney Uni but never played a game due to his injury. Believe he won�t be there next year.
    Last year?

Veterans List
    I thought it was more obvious that my reply was that our only 2 top 10 picks from 1999 to 2013 were both targets for scathing criticism from barry. I'm okay with both of them.

We've had a dismal record with 1st round picks until 2013, which is one of the reasons I wouldn't mind trading down to get more value this year. There's no one in this draft that you could say will be a gun player for sure, while there were lots last year and looks a though there will be a fair few next year as well, although they are likely to be gone by the time we come to the draft. At least we should get Blakey.
    Yeah, I was a bit slow on the uptake there and actually edited my post so it wouldn't look like i was having a go at you.....fail! Actually, I totally agree with you (as I usually do).
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Poor bugger.....dreams shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    It's been likened to the 2001 draft which was not only good, but deep. The only issue is that we would probably lose both those first round picks on Blakey.