Page 214 of 267 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 2,557 to 2,568 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it was quoted that the Swans were prepared to offer Murray a spot on the senior list. However, the difference may be that the Pies have offered him a real crack at a first team spot whereas the Swans are quite well stocked in the defenders department for next year.

Senior Player
    I know we've been hamstrung with the salary cap, but it used to be us who'd find hidden gems on other lists. Now it's us who are constantly raided for our fringe players

As Ugg has said we are �hamstrung� by having (at least) 22 players above Murray in the priority order for the first team.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    As Ugg has said we are �hamstrung� by having (at least) 22 players above Murray in the priority order for the first team.
    The question is are they better than Murray?

I don't know the answer, but I do know that we continued to select inferior players in front of Nankervis and Biggs who left for more opportunity. They were both integral parts of the last two premiership teams and have a particular skill set that our current team lacks.
    I hope that we don't end up in the same scenario with Murray

Swans and Collingwood submitting the paperwork as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

That's a really good trade for us!

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    The question is are they better than Murray?

I don't know the answer, but I do know that we continued to select inferior players in front of Nankervis and Biggs who left for more opportunity. They were both integral parts of the last two premiership teams and have a particular skill set that our current team lacks.
    I hope that we don't end up in the same scenario with Murray
    Nankervis and Biggs were more obvious mistakes as they were to some extent a proven quantity in the firsts, albeit Nankervis was not exactly being lauded by Swans supporters in the way that we all now retrospectively see such a "mistake". Murray hasnt even had a glimpse so if hes not prepared to wait for that chance with the swans and someone like Collingwood comes calling with big promises then he has to see what they really means for him (and I hope he is well advised in that respect).

If he turns out a handy player than so be it but I would never as a selector/coach start promising more to him than you had previously foreseen. I would make him aware of the future that you see for him but as with many young people , few can see beyond 12 months and if Collingwood are promising a walk up start to the 22 , let them. Would I see him on our starting 22 at this time - not a chance. Could he be there in a year or two - maybe . Is he screaming out for an opportunity - doubtful from the reserves reports I have read. For a start - you would have to think that Dawson is far more in the " I need more opportunities" space than Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    That's a really good trade for us!
    Future round 2 - is this to build up points to get blakey ?

COLLINGWOOD has picked up young Sydney defender Sam Murray.

Sydney traded Murray, its fourth-round selection (No.70 at time of trade) and its future third-round selection to Collingwood for its future second-round selection.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was quoted that the Swans were prepared to offer Murray a spot on the senior list. However, the difference may be that the Pies have offered him a real crack at a first team spot whereas the Swans are quite well stocked in the defenders department for next year.
    Unfortunately our risk averse coaching panel assessed that his, Murray, run and carry style might effect our defensive pattern or that he doesn't defend enough. Also we have no money as we offered him a poor contract, because we gave McVeigh another contract and now we will have another finals campaign next year and we will play unfit or injured players, and fold like a house of cards this year or the year before that carrying 5 totally ineffective players, McVeigh, Mills, Parker, Tippett and Naismith in 2016 GF leaving us with 17 players, hard to win. Marsh and Nankervis (Reid not match fit) was totally fit.

Senior Player
    Oh well done now, at least it was better than the 3 pick upgrade in the 4th round type deal that we usually end up with

Now we just need the Pies to tank again and us to be Premiers!