Page 218 of 267 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 2,605 to 2,616 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Is that the end of all trading for this year, or can trades/de-listings etc still be done up until the draft?
    Is the Rookie draft and free agency still to come?

Veteran Site Admin
    It's the end of all trading but players can still be delisted, and delisted free agents can still sign on with a new club before the draft (or even after the draft, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Not sure the AFL is serious about the Queensland market if they continue to let the Lions and Suns struggle to attract/retain players.

Not sure what they should do but they have to do something.
    This may be true, but I don't think it applies in this case. Both Weller and Cameron were keen to get to Queensland. Weller's still in contract and Cameron was pretty much threatening not to play if he didn't get traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    I understand that Pick #2 and #12 seem overs for Weller and Cameron
    But the Lions/Suns may need to do that to secure players that want to stay and play for the respective clubs.

Most likely they use those picks on kids in the draft. Train them up for 2yrs and watch them request trades home
    Agree with this. Probably overs, but both a fairly proven and I'm in the "Roos school" that says that a player with proven ability at AFL level who wants to be at the club is worth a lot of "maybes", even if they are first round "maybes".

not too fussed, just happy to keep Alir
    Watts the only real target and not worried about missing out
    We are in the window, no need to bring in anything other than big fish

I still see the irony of whinging about a trade ban (immoral I know) yet not doing anything since it has been lifted ???

It's a shame that Dan Robinson didn't have Sam Murray's manager. He might have been off to Collingwood for 2 1st round picks.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    I understand that Pick #2 and #12 seem overs for Weller and Cameron
    But the Lions/Suns may need to do that to secure players that want to stay and play for the respective clubs.

Most likely they use those picks on kids in the draft. Train them up for 2yrs and watch them request trades home
    Very good point. It's rare that players actually want to go north to them, usually as you say, south away from them. It's understandable they would treasure the one's who will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I still see the irony of whinging about a trade ban (immoral I know) yet not doing anything since it has been lifted ???
    Well yes but it was the 'immoral' part (with its implication of dishonest behaviour by the Swans with COLA) that we were outraged about (and I wouldn't call it 'whinging'.)

The Swans themselves said at the time they were not likely to be looking to do much in the trade market anyway - and I think this is the reason they didn't take more vigorous action to fight the ban. But if the Swans had done nothing whatsoever to get the ban modified even the Jetta/Sinclair swap would not have been done. Some might have been happy about that but I doubt Jetta and his family would have been.

It wasn't just the club that was being punished for some imaginary felony.

As usual the weak northern clubs got fleeced again. If it were not for buckley , the swans would be in that group too

Veterans List
    I'm on the road so haven't had a chance to have a good look at the trades but the Qld clubs appear on face value to have had an amateur hour and given way too much for the incomings and got far too little for the outgoings. Nett trades will probably be a shellacking.

Absobloodylutely wrapped in our massive pick upgrade, providing Murray doesn't become a gun! But in our club I trust.

Need to trade out Rohan and Tippett next year and create cap room close to one million (including McVeigh). This is ridiculous these two are dead weight Rohan shows glimpses during the season but in finals he's a dud.

Very frustrating trade period.

Also who ever did that Weller dealt GC needs to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    He is no Marty Mattner - 1:30
    That was the effort that sealed the premiership. Birchall gets up after the chase and clutches his groin. A couple of minutes later, he sags off Malceski who is free to kick THAT goal. Marty's most famous moment.

Regular in the Side
    Indicative draft order now updated to reflect that pick 70 did go to Collingwood. Looks like just 3 picks for the swans in the draft.