Page 8 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    We really need Zak Jones in our side
    And we need Sam Reid in our side and the vultures are circling.

We've had a pretty good record of player retention but there have been notable exceptions: Jolly, Mummy, Malceski, Mitchell, Jetta

Mummy was effectively pushed out by Buddy. Jolly was allowed to go as was Jetta for personal / family reasons. Malceski was a better offer we couldn't afford to match.

Hopefully Mitchell was "the player we had to lose" so we have space in our cap for the others. I feel confident about Reid, less so Jones, but he's not a free agent.

I reckon if Jones sees a spot for himself in the mids he'll stay. If we keep playing him out of the back pocket he'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I reckon if Jones sees a spot for himself in the mids he'll stay. If we keep playing him out of the back pocket he'll go.
    We NEED him playing in the mids. Hard, fast, uses it well. No one else fits that description.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Once Rampe is back I think you'll see Jones in the mids full time

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    I was at the UNSW vs USYD game.

UNSW averaged 19.5 years of age for the whole team. Men against boys. A few older guys but not many.

Hardman was good, come in hard for the ball, take a speccy, but did the Swans 1m handpass twice under minimal pressure. Get creamed twice, once with a knee in the back, from Murphy, and come back on each time, so his name is perfect

Bell, spent most of the time, sheep dogging, running around packs and didnt impress me.

Reinhard picked up X most of the game and bit good for Reinhard, undersized.

Lower was solid and a couple of goals

David Murphy's son was playing for USYD and was close to BOG.

UNSW appears to be the Sydney Academy team with kids everywhere.

I thought that I'd start doing a little window shopping. I think a player like Worpel would be perfect for us. He's an accumulator with good acceleration. Other players that might be a good fit could include Clarke, Giro, Higgins, O'Brien and Rayner.

What sort of player do we need?

Knightmares top 20 AFL draft prospects for 2017.
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 29th April 2017 at 08:31 PM.

Regular in the Side
    Right now, i would be happy to blood the yngsters, move on that middle tier that wont break into a our main 22, right now i would be happy to finish bottom 2-3 on the ladder and have a pic of a classy midfielder (dangerfield type).
    We ahve enough forwards including smalls, maybe need a number one defender (grundy is coming to an end), but trade one in...

Do we have any future pics in this draft from last years trading???
    Any high class free agent mids available, should we target them...

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    Any high class free agent mids available, should we target them...
    Fyfe, Martin. Take your pick.

Apparently Bulldogs and Tigers are right into Reid. Even though he owes us for the lucrative he's been o and what he's given us in return it's going to be hard to keep him given the cash they have. I'd be happy to lose him but only if we got a first round pick for him. The AFL is going to be extremely hesitant to allow us two picks in the top 6 I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Apparently Bulldogs and Tigers are right into Reid. Even though he owes us for the lucrative he's been o and what he's given us in return it's going to be hard to keep him given the cash they have. I'd be happy to lose him but only if we got a first round pick for him. The AFL is going to be extremely hesitant to allow us two picks in the top 6 I would have thought.
    I admire your double pessimism

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I think it's possible to get 'advice' from the AFL on compensation before allowing a RSA to go. Like with Vickery, Richmond knew they would get a 2nd rounder. It's supposed to be based on amount and length of contract. I'm sure these would fit the requirements for a first round pick in respect to Reid. That said, I doubt he will leave, mainly because his partner, Kim, is from Sydney, they are having their first baby, and she will surely want to be near her mother. There's more chance of Zak Jones leaving, but even this I would think is very slight.