Page 158 of 267 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,885 to 1,896 of 3194

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

No trade for Aliir, he is exactly the sort of spontaneous player we need. Whilst coaches tend to hate having players who go outside team rules I think a good team always needs one player that makes them unpredictable. I would give him a roaming role that would allow him to inject himself into the game. Let's not forget he would have been in our final team last year but for injury.

If a good deal for Gary came in then I would trade him. I think a change of venue and mindset might be good for his career.

Would love a trade for Tippett but I think we would end up paying so much of his contract we will just have to suck it up.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Simply penalise the blocker.....but the AFL love to make simple solutions complicated so this probably won't be considered.
    That's exactly the current rule. You can't block the opposition ruckman. But you have to know who the opposition ruckman is to know who you can't block, hence the need for the competing ruckmen to nominate.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That's exactly the current rule. You can't block the opposition ruckman. But you have to know who the opposition ruckman is to know who you can't block, hence the need for the competing ruckmen to nominate.
    True. I thought that after I posted..... It's a frustrating area of the game because we all want a game where frees come from actual physical contests and not from 'uncontested' technicalities.

Greetings from sunny Alexandria. Tippett is the only one I really want to get rid off. Rohan will have a better year next year after a full preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Sure was. Kelly turned around n put liberatore on his a$$. I remember watching it n was shocked to see what happened. Kelly then got off at the tribunal. Disgusting club who condoned that type of behaviour week after week.
    I still call them the dirty dogs.

But then I still call the Crows the Cows.
    My kids don't understand why.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Perhaps Collingwood would be a good fit for Rohan. Neither are terrible, but in the end they don't really deliver the goods. And it wouldn't matter that he doesn't perform well in finals.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Perhaps Collingwood would be a good fit for Rohan. Neither are terrible, but in the end they don't really deliver the goods. And it wouldn't matter that he doesn't perform well in finals.
    LOL!

The more I think about it the more I like Rohan at FF, especially seeing how well Dangerfield and Martin do there. Rohan is great on the lead as well as a good overhead mark and can kick goals from distance. It lets Franklin and Reid to roam more up ground. They have no aerobic problem. It would also cause most team matchup problems. He won't have to run so far and can save his energy for his lead up bursts and run down tackles, instead of running aimlessly up and down the wing and tiring himself out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The more I think about it the more I like Rohan at FF, especially seeing how well Dangerfield and Martin do there. Rohan is great on the lead as well as a good overhead mark and can kick goals from distance. It lets Franklin and Reid to roam more up ground. They have no aerobic problem. It would also cause most team matchup problems. He won't have to run so far and can save his energy for his lead up bursts and run down tackles, instead of running aimlessly up and down the wing and tiring himself out.
    It begs the question; what position did he play in 2017?

Senior Player
    There may be something in this. The re invention of the stay-at-home full forward. It would satisfy so many internal Swans KPI's.
    RWO contributor Ludwig's third person "predictions" coming off, and avoiding what deep down we all know will be the death of the
    soul of the club as we know it, the trading of The Gaz, not the follically challenged offspring of that weirdo from Geelong, but our Gaz, the ranga.
    If it's good enough for every major touring band these days to have had their first hit in the 80s, it's good enough for the stay-at-home full
    forward to become the staple of our team. And Rohan should be it. He can mark, he can kick, just keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    It begs the question; what position did he play in 2017?
    Except on some occasions it wasn't out of the goal square like Dangerfield did to us so effectively. I think Rohan is hard to cover one on one in that situation. If he's double teamed, then we've got plenty of options moving into space inside 50. Someone should be free. And if we move Mills to the midfield I think that someone will be picked out more often than not. Mills is ready to dominate in the AFL, but needs to go where the ball is.