Page 78 of 267 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

The following NSW boys have been invited to the combine: NSW-ACT Jarrod Brander (Bendigo Pioneers), Brendan Myers (Wagga Tigers/GWS academy), Jack Powell (Ainsli/GWS academy), Nicholas Shipley (St George/GWS academy), Charlie Spargo (Murray Bushrangers). GWS continue to be reaping the rewards of their ridiculous zoning.

I hope he isn't in the mix with the Swans, purely so I don't have to endure talk of no dickheads policy
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    The following NSW boys have been invited to the combine: NSW-ACT Jarrod Brander (Bendigo Pioneers), Brendan Myers (Wagga Tigers/GWS academy), Jack Powell (Ainsli/GWS academy), Nicholas Shipley (St George/GWS academy), Charlie Spargo (Murray Bushrangers). GWS continue to be reaping the rewards of their ridiculous zoning.
    Thanks for this S.S. Bleeder.

As for Dusty, I can't see that happening - although it might explain the non-signing of Jones in particular as Dusty would be an even better version of Zak. I'm more than content to stick with Zak and Sam Reid. As for the retirement of Kizza, how's that going to happen?? He's contracted for another two years (from memory) and unlikely to walk away when he's no doubt on a wage that is going to be setting him up for the rest of his life. That's partly why I think they're making it up as they go along and we are fools if we pay them much attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, Richard Hinds (I think) recently wrote about how the 'No Dickheads' policy is a furphy that emerged following an article he had written shortly before we won the 2005 flag. And because of the great success that followed it has just stuck and the club has never bothered to disclaim it.

Senior Player
    Zac Jones is a pretty decent player in the works, but Martin is in another stratosphere. Can you imagine the meltdown in certain parts of
    Melbourne if he was to come here? But it won't happen, and we'll be fine.

Veterans List
    Always liked Dusty's tatts!

Would be an awesome addition to our midfield, maybe we are a player and Sydney would take him out of the limelight which must be painful in Melbourne. Another Buddy like coup?

Senior Player
    Yes, we are a bit light on for tatts. Especially if Jones bails. Martin is an awesome player to watch (when not playing us), great kick, very composed, rarely
    makes a mistake and can turn it on and win games singlehandedly. Right up there with Buddy, Dangerfield etc as one of the best players in footy IMO.
    I don't think he'll ever leave Richmond though, too many Tigers fans would be heartbroken and he wouldn't want that on his conscience. Nobody would,
    there's too many of them.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Beatson was a massive fan of Martins and tried to swap picks 5 -Rohan- & 11 Jetta (iirc) for pick 4 which would have brought Martin to the club.

It's an odd one though as no club wanted a bar of Martin just a few years back.

I wonder if a deal could be worked out with Richmond where we send Jones and Tippett to them for Martin and the first round compo pick they get for Martin (as Dusty would come as a FA). If Macca retires, we should free up enough cap space for Dusty and Richmond would be paying Jones and Tippett around what it would cost to keep Dusty.

I don't think Dusty is a dickhead. It's the MSG overload in Chinese restaurants that makes him go a bit bonkers.

We're not getting Dusty move on... Buddy on $1mil+ Joey Dan Parker 700K Reid 500k. Thats half the cap for 5 guys.

Senior Player
    Plus it can very frustrating going to a Chinese restaurant with those giant tables, the food is spinning around on the carousel too fast,
    Cotchin is hogging all the good stuff, and then you've got to try and split the bill with your teammates, some of whom are Jake King and Tyrone Vickery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I wonder if a deal could be worked out with Richmond where we send Jones and Tippett to them for Martin and the first round compo pick they get for Martin (as Dusty would come as a FA). If Macca retires, we should free up enough cap space for Dusty and Richmond would be paying Jones and Tippett around what it would cost to keep Dusty.

I don't think Dusty is a dickhead. It's the MSG overload in Chinese restaurants that makes him go a bit bonkers.

As much as I'd love to see Melbourne in complete meltdown over this, it surely can't be sustainable to have Dusty in our side. We'd end up losing guys like Melican, Papley, Florent, Hayward, Newman, Mills, Heeney etc. when they come out of contract and start to demand a bigger salary

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    As much as I'd love to see Melbourne in complete meltdown over this, it surely can't be sustainable to have Dusty in our side. We'd end up losing guys like Melican, Papley, Florent, Hayward, Newman, Mills, Heeney etc. when they come out of contract and start to demand a bigger salary
    Mills & Heeney are already signed to 2021ish? so don't need to worry about them until then by which time Martin will be 31 and going onto a one or two year deal. Other players will have retired and freed up cap by the time we need to worry about this.

Would be an awesome midfield with Dusty in there, warming to the idea more and more. Mmmm, Dusty, mmmm