Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Swans Name New Captain Josh Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    When Joey played for the Hawks he seriously struggled with game sense and skills
    It's funny, because I remember that he got into the starting lineup for the final 9 games of the season for the Hawks. I can't remember his skills, but he was a real bull, breaking tackles and nearly impossible to bring down. The commentators were very impressed. I couldn't believe we actually got Joey in such a good trade. It has to be one of the greatest trades of all time.

I think Parker is the most natural next captain of the 3 vice-captains, but being the youngest we probably had to go with the 3 or Hanners and Rampe would have felt slighted. It will be interesting to see who succeeds Joey.

I can't find the video but u will probably remember the two mistakes Kennedy made with buddy franklin in a night game for the Hawks that went around on tv and online

Buddy gave the ball back to Kennedy twice inside their 50m and with an open goal Kennedy tripped over once and second time tried to give the ball back to bud and impossibly turned it over

Both times only one defender around and no goal

Kennedy appeared uncoordinated and over awed with decision making in easy situations

Either way he was no Nat Fyfe ie big bodied inside outside mid with skill

The example being the Hawks could not find a spot for Kennedy yet we understood his limitations and recognised his strengths for a simplistic role that required a big body

Imagine if Edwards is that next player for the swans ie we give home a simplistic role on the outside simply breaking wide on the switch and dumbing in down for easy target entries in the initial 10 games or so

And or simply man marking the dominant outside player from the opposition each week

Will be fascinating to watch who gets the true outside role this year as our recruitment suggests we are trying to find a solution in this area

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I can't find the video but u will probably remember the two mistakes Kennedy made with buddy franklin in a night game for the Hawks that went around on tv and online

Buddy gave the ball back to Kennedy twice inside their 50m and with an open goal Kennedy tripped over once and second time tried to give the ball back to bud and impossibly turned it over

Both times only one defender around and no goal

Kennedy appeared uncoordinated and over awed with decision making in easy situations

Either way he was no Nat Fyfe ie big bodied inside outside mid with skill

The example being the Hawks could not find a spot for Kennedy yet we understood his limitations and recognised his strengths for a simplistic role that required a big body

Imagine if Edwards is that next player for the swans ie we give home a simplistic role on the outside simply breaking wide on the switch and dumbing in down for easy target entries in the initial 10 games or so

And or simply man marking the dominant outside player from the opposition each week

Will be fascinating to watch who gets the true outside role this year as our recruitment suggests we are trying to find a solution in this area
    simplistic
    s?m?pl?st?k
    adjective
    treating complex issues and problems as if they were much simpler than they really are.
    "simplistic solutions"
    synonyms: facile, superficial, oversimple, oversimplified, schematic, black and white; shallow, pat, glib, jejune, naive; informaldime-store, bubblegum
    "the proposed solutions are far too simplistic"

That word doesn't mean what you think it means. You mean a simple role.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    simplistic
    s?m?pl?st?k
    adjective
    treating complex issues and problems as if they were much simpler than they really are.
    "simplistic solutions"
    synonyms: facile, superficial, oversimple, oversimplified, schematic, black and white; shallow, pat, glib, jejune, naive; informaldime-store, bubblegum
    "the proposed solutions are far too simplistic"

That word doesn't mean what you think it means. You mean a simple role.
    Keep it simple

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234