Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swans Name New Captain Josh Kennedy

Swans Name New Captain Josh Kennedy

Swans name Captain Kennedy - sydneyswans.com.au

Kennedy takes the reins from co-captains Jarrad McVeigh and Kieren Jack, who have elected to step aside from their captaincy roles but will remain in Sydney�s leadership group. ?

Dan Hannebery, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe have been named vice captains. The makeup of Sydney�s eight-man leadership group will remain unchanged, rounded out by defenders Nick Smith and Heath Grundy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Captain Kennedy

Josh Kennedy has been announced as our new captain! Both McVeigh and Jack have stepped down but will remain in the leadership group

Blog Entries
    WOW.
    First time with a solo captain for a while.
    Great choice

Swans Name New Captain Josh Kennedy

Great choice for captain and vice-captains.

And the fact that Joey will remain at the club until 2020!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So much to like about this announcement, including Kennedy re-signed until 2020, and McVeigh now in the team (or not) on merit only.

Excellent decision from the club - I wonder if the biggest change to come out of the wash-up from the disappointing day on grand final was that it was time for a change at the top - and JK is the man that leads by example when the going get tough, and to me the obvious pick.

Well done to McVeigh and Jack for some great service as leaders - while the big day in '14 and '16 will no doubt always be a low point in their reigns, '12 most definitely not, and we have had a superb era of great football under their leadership, despite the disappointment of not getting more of the ultimate glory that it really deserved.

I am looking forward to 2017 immensely.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Call me old fashioned but you should only have one captain. Shoulda just been Captain Kirk back in 05

Love this choice. His GF day should justify this choice, plays spirited contested bloods football.

While I think that Josh Kennedy is a good choice, I do prefer having co-captains. I think sharing responsibility is often advantageous. While having two people in the role can make for better communication, since a player may not be totally comfortable discussing an issue with one captain, but due to differing personalities, is fine with the other captain.

Warming the Bench
    Joey will be a great captain, very surprised that Jack has stepped down though and isn't a vice captain

Fantastic news!

Absolute no brainer when you consider his consistency and brilliance especially in finals.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Very pleased to see this - another step in fine-tuning the future team.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast