Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Heeney

Warming the Bench
    He'd already be the best player at North Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by kangle4 View Post
    He'd already be the best player at North Melbourne.
    At $150000 p.a. Xav Richards would have been one of the best at North

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    At $150000 p.a. Xav Richards would have been the best at North
    Edited for accuracy

Perhaps the $1m was a kind of sign-on bonus they would offer him?

Otherwise, it is massive overs but, for a club like Norf with plenty of salary cap and not much relevance, it is a bold, strong (albeit risky, potentially irresponsible) move - a bit like the Dogs with Tom Boyd. Or, for that matter, a bit like our $10m/9 year deal for Buddy. It would be annoying if they succeeded in luring Heeney away but at least we could expect handsome compensation at the trade table - you would think two first round picks. In any event I don't think it would make sense for us to match or even nearly match a $1m/year offer for Heeney at this stage, even if it means we lose him. Down the track it would not amaze if he does command that kind of a salary - but he's still only 3rd year and he's not there yet. He's not yet in our top 10 B&F. Hopefully he will climb in to that top 10 this year, in which case he does deserve to be paid commensurately.

I feel like that is a bit garbled. In short, I hope we succeed in resigning Heeney and that we do it while maintaining a responsible approach to list management. He would be a massive loss if he went.

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    Adam Curley reporting Heeney has signed a new 5 year deal. Happy days, go Swannies!! And confirmed on the Swans site ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by BigBarryRound25 View Post
    Adam Curley reporting Heeney has signed a new 5 year deal. Happy days, go Swannies!! And confirmed on the Swans site ??????
    Confirmed on Swans facebook page just a few minutes ago

2017 will be his real breakout season I feel - him and Mills going to show just how classy they really are, and we may we be saying 'Tom who' pretty quickly when they spend more time in the guts.

Excellent news - and lol@norf.....
    Last edited by mcs; 15th December 2016 at 09:38 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Heeney a committed Swan - sydneyswans.com.au

So sooooo relieved that he signed on literally jumped up and pushed the air! Mills is next

Hes signed on until 2022. Maybe someone can help me don't Parker Heeney Hanners Jack Kennedy all come out of contract at that time?

Extremely interested to see what happens with Sam Reid now cause Isaac would make a reasonable dent in the cap.

Kennedy's contract is until 2020, because they made mention of it being locked in until when Longmire is, etc.

Great news for Heeney and the club. It would have been a significant this season for both parties. Now we need to just get Jones and Mills signed up.

Brilliant!!

Very happy with the news!! He is looking great in the pre-season. I think he is set for a big 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Brilliant news and to come just days after the LOLNorf offer was trumpeted in the press.

Always knew he would re-sign and for an extra five years before we even get into the new year is just great timing.

We haven't lost too many we have wanted to keep, great work by everyone involved. I love this club!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast