Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Heeney

Warming the Bench
    Go xxxx yourself North

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A whole lot less than that. You'd need $1m to go to LOLNorf!

Heeney will become one of the highest paid players at the Swans but at a level similar to Parker, Hanners etc. Like us, he does of course have red and white blood in his veins! Future Captain, going no where.
    Top call! And so glad you were right!

I'm considering sending a sympathy card to norf.

But seriously, this is such amazing news.

Great news!

With a five year contract, this one will be very healthy but I would imagine the next one will be the really big pay day. With the way the system currently works he'll be a restricted free agent by then, which is better than him being unrestricted. Although really I don't suppose it matters. No club so far has matched an offer to a restricted free agent that the player wants to accept. And if we are willing to match another offer then I can't see Isaac ever wanting to leave.

The two biggest names sorted, nice 'n' early too. Now we can turn our attention to re-signing Reid and Jones in a more relaxed fashion. I was thinking we might wait to see how Reid goes on field post-injury - but not necessarily since we will have a very good view of him at training and by all accounts he's tearing it up. Then again, is training comparable to real matches?

This episode with Norf over Isaac could be a precursor for what will transpire when Nick Blakey decides which team he nominates in 2018.

I never thought there was a serious consideration that Heeney would go to another club. We saw with XR how managers try to manipulate the negotiations. Heeney's manager probably got NM to make an offer just to get a better pay packet for his client. But it's great to have that out of the way before the season starts.

I don't think Nick Blakey which have any problem choosing the Swans. That one's a done deal in my book.

I told those joker shinboners two days ago that I thought he'd signed a five year deal.
    No one believed me.

Sucked in shinboners.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I told those joker shinboners two days ago that I thought he'd signed a five year deal.
    No one believed me.

Sucked in shinboners.
    According to the Herald Sun there were several interest clubs and not just the Shinboners. I think the club has done very well to secure him for five years.

Veterans List
    So happy to hear the news. North (and others) can stop sniffing around now.

It has been a great week:
    1. Kennedy named captain and signing contract.
    2. Heeney signing contract
    3. Just heard that Mike Fitzpatrick is stepping down!! Don't think it will stop the corruption though.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    3. Just heard that Mike Fitzpatrick is stepping down!!
    Good Luck Mike. All the best for the future.

Pushing for Selection
    Great to see some loyalty, but I expected it, the swans have given this guy his career and I'm glad he has repaid the faith. Mills will do the same. With these two guys and the rest our exciting young bunch , who wouldn't want to play for us. We have a great list and our history of finals appearance are the best in the comp. just need to get over that last hurdle. Kirky's the man to drive the passion and belief , this year we will believe more than ever

It was reported on chanel 7 news tonight that it was a $4.5m contract. Whoa! If that is close to the mark that is serious coin for a 20yo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast