Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNR / NEAFL 2017....your BOLTER and under pressure !!!!

Warming the Bench
    Tippett was possible AA half way through last season.

I understand if certain supporters don't like him but I think most would agree that he was very good in the first half of 2016.

On the scg buddy is angling his runs to almost the centre square and sending in long passes like a winger

Lloyd was giving and going from the backline but aiming for bud middle of the field to sweep around on the wing

Not too many teams have a player like bud that can change the entries into our forward 50

I think it will be awesome to have Sam Reid, Rohan and tippo rotating the goal square in 2017 as targets especially with the 22 we have this year !!

In fact better then ???? awesome it will be a serious problem for opposition defence
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 18th January 2017 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kangle4 View Post
    Tippett was possible AA half way through last season.

I understand if certain supporters don't like him but I think most would agree that he was very good in the first half of 2016.
    That was before Naismith was playing for us. Tippett is a great ruckman/forward, but now that Naismith is hitting his straps Tippett has become a forward/ruckman which he isn't as good at. He kicked 17 goals last year which simply isn't good enough, especially considering his wage. His strength is his ruck work. I wonder if it would be worthwhile swapping the rolls with Naismith spending more time at full forward?

I can't see Sinclair getting a game this year unless we have multiple injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ludwig, are you mates with Hewett's family? He doesn't have the tank of Lloyd to float around the ground. They all go out of the game when they rest on the bench. Talk about stating the obvious. No point having a good skill set if you can't get the footy and when you do play for a free. He has to be a far more positive footballer and dispose of the footy quicker when under pressure. And another thing...he is slower than a wet week in Chiang Rai.
    I called my mate Ludwig "Luke" McManus and said it was a good time to write a nice story about George. And I said "make sure you include some good video showing off his pace and taking a great mark, and none of that playing for frees crap."

Nice work Luke!

**FULL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT**

Luke McManus is a staff writer for Ludwig's Footy Journal
    Is it real news or fake news. You just can't tell anymore.

Veterans List
    Given that the article implies that HC is ahead of Heeney in the pecking order, then it has to be fake news.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Suggests that he's played more games... still fake news?

Who is the AFL�s most underrated player? - M.afl.com.au

If u have watched gws a bit last two seasons u would have witnessed the rise and rise of two very fast yet small HBFs in Wilson and Williams

Is there a role for a Harry Cunningham shooting out of the backs in 2017 ?

I for one feel we need to be a little more flexible with our back line transitions ie have the speed to get the hall out with run and carry which the Dogs and GWS do so well

Nothing is tougher to defend then a player bursting from the backline and creating havoc and 2 on 1s upfield

There are only a few players in our squad who can do this but can they defend ?

Veterans List
    In 2's perhaps.

Is there a role for a Harry Cunningham shooting out of the backs in 2017 ?
    Not sure about that but,
    I can see a role for Harry being shot out a cannon.

What's everyone's thoughts on Colin Oriordan for 2017 ?

What's everyone's thoughts on Colin Oriordan for 2017 ?
    Really liked what I saw last year. He's hard at the ball, has a lot of skills, especially for someone who had never played the game before, and it was impressive that he made the NEAFL team of the year. Since it seems that Jones and possibly Mills, will be spending more time in the middle, I'm expecting him to get a fair bit of time in the seniors, as a running half back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast