Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 1 - Syd vs Port

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    it does appear Cameron is being seriously looked at as a forward rotation with Tippo and probably gives us flexibility for Reid to play part of the game down back if needed while there is question marks over Melican and or AA fitness.......

Hewitt really doesn't play as a forward pocket anyway..... most teams have only a few standing up forward at anyone time.........7 in the backs if not more spreading in attack and we isolate Bud, Reid etc up front where ever possible.........and Buddy plays half the game on the wing anyway

i am worried about Hannes after he held his knee in the last qtr against the Saints and limped off

Having no Hannes, no Heeney, no Macca and maybe no KJ would put pressure on our midfield depth to rally in a tight game..........but exciting possibilities await
    Read this and read it well; REID WILL NOT PLAY BACK. HE WILL PLAY TRUE CHF. HE WAS GOOD THERE AGAINST SAINTS.

Please stop suggesting Reid in the back half. We have plenty of defenders. Maibaum is not too rough down there.

Hannas is like Evil Knievil, they keep putting him back together with medical tape and he just gets on with it.

I'm not sure about Harry Marsh. His indecision was costly against the saints, 2.1 and could have been 3 if the Saints player who kicked the point had kicked straight from right in front. He supposedly had 78% efficiency but then again this mob insist a kick down the line not to your advantage is efficient. I don't.

I think the coaches might be looking at some of the late comers in the reserves this weekend, like Dawson, too. If fit he could prove a headache as a fast, extra tall option in the forward line.

Hayward might get a go just to see how he performs in the NEAFL. In his case I think people have to remember he has had very limited preparation due to an injury. He only started contested work less than a month before he played the JTL.

Mills WILL play back. That looks to be the plan as he hasn't been in the mids in any of the pre-season games. I can't see them changing that at the last minute

my team;

backs; Rampe, Reg, Smithy
    HB; Mills, Aliir, Lloydy
    C; Hannas, Parker, Robbo
    HF; Towers, Reid, Hayward/Bud
    F; Hewee, Tippett, Bud/Cameron
    Followers; Naismith, JPK, Jones

I/C; Florent, Harry C, Marsh/Melican/Edwards/Cameron

Kizza, Macca, Rohan, Heens, Paps all injured.Is Laidler injured? Seem to remember something in the last quarter of the GWS match but thought it was minor. There is nothing on the Swans site about him at all. The injury update, if it comes out tomorrow might clear things up.

I don't think Hannebery is injured. He did jog off the ground in the last minute of the game after being in some bother with his right knee, although there was no incident that would indicate a serious injury. There was video after the game in the locker room with Hannas sitting on the floor with the rest of the playing group listening to Horse. He didn't seem under any duress, wasn't having any attention from the medicos, nor was there any ice on his knees. There has been no mention of any problem in the news.

My attempt:

Smith Grundy Rampe
    Mills Aliir Marsh
    Hannebery Kennedy Lloyd
    Hewitt Reid Robinson
    Jack Tippett Franklin
    Naismith Parker Jones
    Towers Florent Cunningham Laidler

I think Laidler's days may be numbered. At a team for a real need for a third tall defender he would be perfect. But we now have rampe and marsh and I would consider aliir more a third creative, roaming tall. He just lacks the height or the pace that our team needs out of the backline and someone like marsh and rampe offers more in that regard. We should also invest in a Melican/Talia even with AA. For example who would we match up against gws.. Cameron, Patton and lobb/mummy ? I'd like a combo of grundy Melican and AA

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Amongst all the twaddle the commentators sprouted on Sunday, one comment cut through - Lloyd is Sam Mitchell like in popping up and calmly distributing
    Unfortunately, that comment was made by the greatest effwit currently calling the game. I hope he is right but given his last sensible comment was last millennium I'm not holding out any great hopes.

Wolfy plse read what I said re Reid before a big song and dance ???????? Lol

I don't want him as a defender and I have never named him there in any of my team suggestions ever

He went down back in the last qtr to cover Grundy etc against the saints

But all I alluded to was helping in Rd 1 if we have AA out or another

Thanks Meg. What does CBA stand for and where do you access it? It's obviously not Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't think Hannebery is injured. He did jog off the ground in the last minute of the game after being in some bother with his right knee, although there was no incident that would indicate a serious injury. There was video after the game in the locker room with Hannas sitting on the floor with the rest of the playing group listening to Horse. He didn't seem under any duress, wasn't having any attention from the medicos, nor was there any ice on his knees. There has been no mention of any problem in the news.

Hannas is Evil Knievil reborn. Tape him up with medical tape and off he goes all back together again. Tough as old goat's knees. I reckon Hannas could survive the Electric Chair and still have four quarters left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    I think Laidler's days may be numbered. At a team for a real need for a third tall defender he would be perfect. But we now have rampe and marsh and I would consider aliir more a third creative, roaming tall. He just lacks the height or the pace that our team needs out of the backline and someone like marsh and rampe offers more in that regard. We should also invest in a Melican/Talia even with AA. For example who would we match up against gws.. Cameron, Patton and lobb/mummy ? I'd like a combo of grundy Melican and AA
    Melican did a good job on Cameron. Laids is still in the mix I think I prefer him to Harry Marsh. they both make mistakes but Harry gave away three clangers, almost in a row. He seemed to get Alzheimer's and not know where to go or what to do then shanked three terrible kicks a out only 25 metres.

Wolfy plse read what I said re Reid before a big song and dance ???? Lol

I don't want him as a defender and I have never named him there in any of my team suggestions ever

I'm sorry if I misread that but it sounded like he was going to 'play part of the game back'. That I took to mean we would be using him as a swing man. In the last against the Saints everybody went back due to Reg going down. Not an ideal situation.

I think Reid, as he proved on Sunday, is best at CHF. He suits the role so well and Bud doesn't. Bud has never been a big pack mark and Reidy is. Obviously from your tone you agree. It peeves me that people still see him as a swing man and not as a KPF. They are still trying to invent something that is an unreality. Reid was crap in the ruck, was very ordinary as a KPB and the only value he had in defense was as an extra. But get his kicking right, please Plugger, and he could be a huge goal kicker for us. He has kicked bags of 4,4 & 5 in a row when Bud was injured so why not every week now he has the CHF position?

- - - Updated - - -

Wolfy plse read what I said re Reid before a big song and dance ???????? Lol

I'm sorry if I misread that but it sounded like he was going to 'play part of the game back'. That I took to mean we would be using him as a swing man. In the last against the Saints everybody went back due to Reg going down. Not an ideal situation.

I think Reid, as he proved on Sunday, is best at CHF. He suits the role so well and Bud doesn't. Bud has never been a big pack mark and Reidy is. Obviously from your tone you agree. It peeves me that people still see him as a swing man and not as a KPF. They are still trying to invent something that is an unreality. Reid was crap in the ruck, was very ordinary as a KPB and the only value he had in defense was as an extra. But get his kicking right, please Plugger, and he could be a huge goal kicker for us. He has kicked bags of 4,4 & 5 in a row when Bud was injured so why not every week now he has the CHF position?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks Meg. What does CBA stand for and where do you access it? It's obviously not Collective Bargaining Agreement.
    Yes, I did use CBA as shorthand for the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the AFL and the AFL Players' Association. Most of the terms and conditions for the players are agreed in that document. The latest is still the 2012-2016 attached below. The conditions around the LTIL are covered at page 22.

The replacement (which I think will cover the 5 years from 2017) is still not finalised although recent reports suggested the final deal might be announced by Round 1, that is very soon. Let's hope so. I doubt the rules around the LTIL would change though.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/wp-cont...2016-FINAL.pdf

Thank you!