Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 1 - Syd vs Port

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Graemed. Talia may indeed have the ability to play tall because he is tall. My concern with him is whether can play at any AFL acceptable level. Looks as loose as granny's teeth.
    Really? He's an old fashioned close checking defender when I've seen him play, the knock on him has been that he doesn't create enough

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    My view Re: midfielders is that .... Jack, Parker, Hannas, Kennedy, Heeney Jones, Mills, Lloyd, Hewitt(he looked good I thought), and of course Buddy....will all rotate through there depending on matchups, fitness etc. ...
    It will be interesting to see if Reid gets a run as big midfielder, he looked good in there before he got injured. Good hands and good tackling. Maybe he and Buddy will both run through there if they need to lose a defender?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Really? He's an old fashioned close checking defender when I've seen him play, the knock on him has been that he doesn't create enough
    That has been my impression too. A bit one dimensional in his play.
    I will save Ludwig the time:
    STN251201DIMENSIONM_365481k.jpg
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Good detective work Rogue. You found the clowns that stole my wardrobe.

Surely you wouldn't fit in to those clothes, Ludwig. It doesn't even look like they do.

Veterans List
    Ludwig is s cool dude but....no way he fits into those clothes.

Just returning to the thread topic, are we there yet?!! Time is dragging on.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Reid gets a run as big midfielder, he looked good in there before he got injured. Good hands and good tackling. Maybe he and Buddy will both run through there if they need to lose a defender?

- - - Updated - - -

That has been my impression too. A bit one dimensional in his play.
    I will save Ludwig the time:
    STN251201DIMENSIONM_365481k.jpg
    That colour coordination, is almost as tasteful as the old Dockers uniform.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Just returning to the thread topic, are we there yet?!! Time is dragging on.
    Where's AnnieH?

Unfortunately, I have just been told by a very reliable source that Tom Papley is not likely to be playing at all this year. Whilst he recently had knee surgery, his compartment syndrome was apparently quite severe. Go Swannies may be able to interpret better, but i was told that he had compartment pressure of 66. Which i am told was extremely high. He basically had to have his leg sliced open to relieve the pressure.

Hopefully he can push for a return later in the season. His speed and goal sense will be sadly missed. I think Florent would be the best replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Unfortunately, I have just been told by a very reliable source that Tom Papley is not likely to be playing at all this year. Whilst he recently had knee surgery, his compartment syndrome was apparently quite severe. Go Swannies may be able to interpret better, but i was told that he had compartment pressure of 66. Which i am told was extremely high. He basically had to have his leg sliced open to relieve the pressure.

Hopefully he can push for a return later in the season. His speed and goal sense will be sadly missed. I think Florent would be the best replacement.
    This indeed would be very sad if true. There was a recent training photo of Tom boxing with Rampe.

That's what they do to relieve compartment syndrome, cut your leg open, which is why the normal recovery is 4+ months. Unless there are complications and he needs another round of surgery, when his wounds heel, he should be able to start running again. I suppose we will hear some official new in due course about this.

If you look as some of the video from last year you'll see Tom limping around after kicking a goal, and looks in pain, even when he hasn't experienced any apparent contact or strain.

These pants can also cause severe Compartment Syndrome

Warming the Bench
    Gee, us old-timers had it easy compared to what's happening now.

Imagine having surgery & they actually cut you open!

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Gee, us old-timers had it easy compared to what's happening now.

Imagine having surgery & they actually cut you open!
    LOL. Yes, these days they seem to be able to access anywhere in your body via your groin, nostril or your bung hole.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast