Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 1 - Syd vs Port

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

These pants can also cause severe Compartment Syndrome
    Some tight compartment syndrome happening here too

Goodluck this weekend @alastairday @ironman_series

A post shared by Kurt Tippett (@kurttippett8) on

"Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Looks like 'The Log' has stuffed a wodge of $100 notes into his shorts. On his coin, he's got money to burn.

If injuries are not an issue for the players below I would suggest my only change is Towers to play

I want Edwards in the team asap with a simple role....make him the player we need off the HBF wing etc so by middle of the season we have the type of player we need for a much more flexible transition from our backs......we need this flexibility I believe to take on GWS and The Dogs

SNRS:

Parker Reid, TOWERS
    Kizza, Bud, Hewett

Tippo
    Kennedy (C)
    Jones
    Hannes
    Heeney
    Lloyd

Smithy, AA, Mills
    Rampe, Grundy, Swampy

19. Macca
    20. Naismith
    21. Robinson
    22. Edwards

* Florent starting in ressies but hunting down robinsons spot in the Snr team
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 4th March 2017 at 08:45 AM.

Veterans List
    I think Naismith will start at the first centre bounce every game. Macca will struggle to get a game with his recurring calf injury. There is probably a top 20, then half a dozen to fill the other 2 spots. Sounds like Melican is putting the hand for a promotion. Looking forward to a strong season. How would it be if all of AJ, Papley and Rohan are playing by mid season?

Veterans List
    I've been out of the loop for a bit, what happened to Papley?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I've been out of the loop for a bit, what happened to Papley?
    Unfortunately the club injury list isn't up to date, but Papley has compartment syndrome and it will be a few weeks before we'll see him in action.

Compartment syndrome - Wikipedia
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Unfortunately the club injury list isn't up to date, but Papley has compartment syndrome and it will be a few weeks before we'll see him in action.

Thanks for that dimelb......

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

That wiki reference is grim reading. I hope the example of the long distance runner at the end of the article is the experience Tom has.

AFL website is reporting that the Swans are considering using Tippett as a permanent forward with Darcy Cameron and Naismith operating as the rotating rucks.

This seems very unlikely as three Giants would kill the teams ability to keep the ball inside forward 50.

What has happened to Sinclair? You don't see his name popping up anywhere.

It's wonderful to have depth in the ruck department.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    AFL website is reporting that the Swans are considering using Tippett as a permanent forward with Darcy Cameron and Naismith operating as the rotating rucks.
    It's a nice thought but I think Cameron and Tippett would be playing similar roles as the deep forward pinch hitting in the ruck. I like Naismith in Ruck and Tippett FF, however Cameron's marking in poor conditions on the weekend was definitely a standout. If/when Tippett has an injury during the year I think Cameron will slot in nicely.

Cameron needs a year or two of Steve Taubert before his ruck work is up to standard. He does take a good grab though...

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...ma-looms-large

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    It's a nice thought but I think Cameron and Tippett would be playing similar roles as the deep forward pinch hitting in the ruck. I like Naismith in Ruck and Tippett FF, however Cameron's marking in poor conditions on the weekend was definitely a standout. If/when Tippett has an injury during the year I think Cameron will slot in nicely.
    I agree with Aadvark that he needs a year or two with the ruck whisperer to finish his ruck work, but his marking on the weekend was impressive in tough conditions. I can see why we took the punt with him in the draft, and I'd argue he may already be in front of Sinclair at this stage in the pecking order. I'd expect Naismith will be 1st choice with Tippett to support, but the option of playing 3 talls against some teams might also be considered.

On another note, good to see Nankervis doing well @ Richmond - I hope he has a shocker whenever he comes up against us, but I do want to see him doing well otherwise.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast