I know people have been discussing the likely best 22 for 2017 already but that kind assumes most are fit. I thought it may be interesting to take the evolutionary approach from the GF team that we do during the season for our round 1 team.

So here are my changes.

OUT: McGlynn (retired), Papley (injured), Richards (delisted), Mitchell (traded), Laidler (injured)

IN: Robinson, Reid, Marsh, Allir, Newman

As you can see the biggest deficit is forward. So I think Robbo will play forward along with heeney and jack to provide support to the talls. It has been hinted that Mills will play a bit more in the mids to cover the loss of Mitchell. I think Jones will also push into the mids and do some of that. Bringing Marsh in allows him to play across half back as well as through the mids as he has done at neafl and his tank should be developed enough to do so. Foote will also be an option for that role and I think will push hard early in the season. That allows us to bring in Newman and Allir to cover those defenders above that I think will push up into the mids.

What do people think?