Thread: Pies vs Dogs R1 2017

Pies vs Dogs R1 2017

Unrelated but its painful to see the Doggies continuing their run of soft frees and being able to throw the footy

It's wierd to be wanting the Pies to win .

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    It's wierd to be wanting the Pies to win .
    Agreed.
    The world has turned on its head.

I'm not sure I want the Pies to win, I just want the Doggies to lose.

Veterans List
    I've been wanting the Dogs to lose too, but am a bit conflicted wanting Collingwood to win as well. Must admit though, I enjoyed Cloke's booming goal to silence the bogan Magpie booing......hell did I laugh!

I'm rooting for the Pies also. Makes me feel kinda dirty.

I noticed a few flick throws by the dogs and slide ins as well - I don't think I can watch next week!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I noticed a few flick throws by the dogs and slide ins as well - I don't think I can watch next week!
    I care far less about the flick passes than the forceful contact below the knees, which they clearly haven't got out of their system. There were at least three I saw this evening (and I didn't watch the whole game). Pendlebury got a free kick for one, but another went uncommented upon by the umpires, while the third I saw (leading to Bontempelli's second goal), someone on the commentary team started to question whether Crameri had transgressed but said no more, at which the commentators as a whole started waxing lyrically about what fantastic play it had been by Crameri.

I hope it's not one of our players put out with a season ending injury when a Dogs player crashes into their legs like that.

And I'm not sure how many Friday night games I'm going to be able to sit through this season. Bruce gets more saccharine every year, and Carey does nothing to pull him back. If anything, he seems to join in. They were wetting themselves this evening over players executing basic skills, and claimed at one point that a simple tap on by a Dogs player was just "one of those things you can't teach". It was a tap on, for goodness sake. A constructive one, sure, but not much different to what you'll see a dozen or times every match.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I care far less about the flick passes than the forceful contact below the knees, which they clearly haven't got out of their system. There were at least three I saw this evening (and I didn't watch the whole game). Pendlebury got a free kick for one, but another went uncommented upon by the umpires, while the third I saw (leading to Bontempelli's second goal), someone on the commentary team started to question whether Crameri had transgressed but said no more, at which the commentators as a whole started waxing lyrically about what fantastic play it had been by Crameri.

I hope it's not one of our players put out with a season ending injury when a Dogs player crashes into their legs like that.

And I'm not sure how many Friday night games I'm going to be able to sit through this season. Bruce gets more saccharine every year, and Carey does nothing to pull him back. If anything, he seems to join in. They were wetting themselves this evening over players executing basic skills, and claimed at one point that a simple tap on by a Dogs player was just "one of those things you can't teach". It was a tap on, for goodness sake. A constructive one, sure, but not much different to what you'll see a dozen or times every match.
    This!!!!! They are very clever with the slide in trip - i hope that the dogs become too cocky and get knocked down a peg - but then you just know that next Friday night we'll have Stevic and the other blind mice who hate us officiating !! And Bruce was getting far too excited for my liking. And keeps referring to them as "the premiers" I rarely recall anyone called us that in in the 2013 season - just the swans! (Maybe I'm just having selective memory ) as much as it pains me to say it - I was kind of hoping Collingwood had won tonight ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    And I'm not sure how many Friday night games I'm going to be able to sit through this season.
    I've decided to adopt the Clockwork Orange method for getting through the pregame show and the endless replays of Grand Final lowlights. Very cathartic.