Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Interesting no Sinclair, but Naismith - swap from last week's line up

- - - Updated - - -

woops Sinclair AND Naismith

- - - Updated - - -

No Fisher
    KJ?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veteran Site Admin
    No Kjack? If he were right to play, I think they'd have him play NEAFL. Must be a serious doubt whether he'll be available next weekend.

I'm surprised they're allowed to play Cameron and Foote. Normally, players who've played all three senior pre-season games are meant to have the weekend off. Maybe there's a relaxation for those who only had limited minutes in the senior practice games.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Fox Fisher Maibaum playing as well. No Kjack (yet?)

Full time @swansreserves 13.14 (92) Uni 3.2 (20) Goals: Edwards 2 Towers 2 Cameron Dawson Hayward Leonardis Ronke Murray Fisher Pink #49

Fox didn't play after some time in q2. Rose I think sat out last quarter. Aliir played the full game. No KJ at all. Naismith perhaps a corkie

Veteran Site Admin
    Did X play?

And how did the important Swans players go - Aliir in particular?

Yes X played and kicked two of their three goals. But they were quite opportunistic ones due to Swans errors rather than any great play by himself. Hiscox played the second half.

Aliir looked great moved well and used the ball smartly. Towers was just okay he had his moment but didn't dominate or put in a showing that screamed "pick me" for next week. Towers started in the midfield with Dawson and Fox and for me Dawson was the pick of the bunch. Very good field kick

I'm not sure the reason for Fox's withdrawal. Either it was preplanned with an eye for next week or it's an injury in which case it's tough luck for him as he would have been in line for a spot esp with kizza not playing

Hayward didn't get much of the ball but kicked a fantastic individual goal one out in the forward fifty. Has great work ethic and along with Pink applied plenty of pressure up forward.

Laidler very professional down back, beat his opponents at most contests. Played out the game with great intensity and combined well with Aliir down back to clear the danger. Newman and O'Riordan were basically unsighted in the first half but had stronger second halves. Newman in particular back to some of his 2016 form with good distribution off halfback

Maibaum and Talia shared the duties on Richards. Maibaum started well on X winning their first contest but then proceeded to rashly play on and gave away a HTB fk and goal to Richards. Made a few mistakes when under pressure but still looks a good prospect

Foote off half back was okay but I don't like him in this position. His strengths are his tank and his tackling and I don't think they get fully utilised in this new role. His kicking is not that flash either

Rucks. Sinclair definitely the better in the first half some great Tap work in particular around our forward 50. Naismith responded in the second half with a much stronger showing in particular using his weight and height advantage over his opponent. Cameron got scant minutes in the ruck but looked dangerous forward. A few almost-marks, might do better in drier conditions.

Edwards looked better as a forward and kicked a couple of goals. He used his pace judiciously but the end product in particular his kicking inside fifty still needs development. Ronke played mostly half forward, got some midfield time late as did Fisher. Ronke a good competitor but not quite on the same wavelength as his teammates today

BJ despite being advertised as our new small defender at the Guernsey presentation dinner played wing early in the game and inside midfielder in the fourth. Like most of the other Swans today his second half was the better one

Leonardis also forward has a tendency to look for the fend off as his first option in traffic. Perhaps a sign that his hand balling in close needs development

Warming the Bench
    Thanks ugg - appreciate your report.

With this scoreline, not a good workout.
    (The step up from this level to AFL is huge.)

Yes thanks Ugg. Great report as usual and looking forward for more of the same this year with the ressies!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into how this game affects who plays round 1, but I will assume that those players who appeared in all 3 JLT games, but not this Neafl practice match, will play round 1, meaning, primarily, Marsh, Melican and Florent.

It would appear that Aliir will play round 1, but KJ will miss.

With quite an inexperienced backline, I doubt we will play take any other inexperienced backmen into the game, which would eliminate Newman and O'Riordan. If Marsh, Melican and Aliir all play, there doesn't seem to be a spot for Laidler.

Fox played in all the JLT games. I like his endeavour, but thought he looked out of sync with the rest of the team and needs some time in reserves to tune up his game. The coaches must like him to have played him over many other aspirants.

I think Towers was played today since he missed the first JLT game with appendicitis, and is likely to play round 1.

I hope Dawson get to play round 1. He's a very promising prospect and there should be spot open if KJ misses.

Edwards and Foote also contenders for that last spot in the side.

We'll be missing 5 of our regular senior players, but will still take quite a good side into round 1. It appears that we may take 7 players with less than 15 games experience into round 1. Sounds like a lot, but I think they will give a good accounting of themselves.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Maybe I'm reading a bit too much into how this game affects who plays round 1, but I will assume that those players who appeared in all 3 JLT games, but not this Neafl practice match, will play round 1, meaning, primarily, Marsh, Melican and Florent.

It would appear that Aliir will play round 1, but KJ will miss.

With quite an inexperienced backline, I doubt we will play take any other inexperienced backmen into the game, which would eliminate Newman and O'Riordan. If Marsh, Melican and Aliir all play, there doesn't seem to be a spot for Laidler.

Fox played in all the JLT games. I like his endeavour, but thought he looked out of sync with the rest of the team and needs some time in reserves to tune up his game. The coaches must like him to have played him over many other aspirants.

I think Towers was played today since he missed the first JLT game with appendicitis, and is likely to play round 1.

I hope Dawson get to play round 1. He's a very promising prospect and there should be spot open if KJ misses.

Edwards and Foote also contenders for that last spot in the side.

We'll be missing 5 of our regular senior players, but will still take quite a good side into round 1. It appears that we may take 7 players with less than 15 games experience into round 1. Sounds like a lot, but I think they will give a good accounting of themselves.
    I agree with almost all of that. The only thing I don't is your apparent confidence that Kieren Jack will miss round 1. I always understood both that he would be a close run thing, but that he didn't need to play this NEAFL game to play rd 1.

Looking forward to seeing Florent play rd 1. Well done, lad.

I think that KJ was 'scheduled' to play in this practice match, so I'm just reading into the fact that he didn't that he's not quite right. I wish we had a comment from the club on the game. I noticed that the Suns had a story on their game. I'm not confident either way, because we just don't have any info on the situation. I suppose we will hear something about KJ by Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Interesting no Sinclair, but Naismith - swap from last week's line up

- - - Updated - - -

woops Sinclair AND Naismith

- - - Updated - - -

No Fisher
    Naismith had an interrupted preseason. They are just trying to get some game time into him.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast