Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 79

Thread: NEAFL Practice Matches

  1. #1
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    13,249

    NEAFL Practice Matches

    2017 NEAFL Pre-season Practice Match Schedule



    Saturday, March 4, 2017

    Brisbane Lions v Redland at South Pine Sports Complex, 10.30am
    Southport v Aspley at Fankhauser Reserve, 3pm

    Friday, March 10, 2017

    GWS Giants v Sydney Swans at Tom Wills Oval, 3.30pm

    Saturday, March 11, 2017

    Southport v Gold Coast Suns Academy at Metricon Stadium, 9am
    Brisbane Lions v Labrador at Cooke-Murphy Reserve, 11.30am
    Canberra Demons v Albury at Dairy Farmers Stadium, 12noon (squad 1) & 2pm (squad 2)
    Aspley v Redland at South Pine Sports Complex, 3pm

    Saturday, March 18, 2017

    Gold Coast Suns v Aspley (venue TBC)
    Redland v Southport at Fankhauser Reserve, 3pm
    Canberra Demons (squad 1) v Queanbeyan at Dairy Farmers Stadium, 2pm
    Canberra Demons (squad 2) v Belconnen at Dairy Farmers Stadium, 4pm
    Sydney University v Sydney Swans at BISP, 1pm

    Saturday, March 25, 2017

    Gold Coast Suns v Brisbane Lions (venue TBC)
    Sydney University v GWS Giants at BISP, 1pm

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    2017 NEAFL Pre-season Practice Match Schedule



    Saturday, March 4, 2017

    Brisbane Lions v Redland at South Pine Sports Complex, 10.30am
    Southport v Aspley at Fankhauser Reserve, 3pm

    Friday, March 10, 2017

    GWS Giants v Sydney Swans at Tom Wills Oval, 3.30pm

    Saturday, March 11, 2017

    Southport v Gold Coast Suns Academy at Metricon Stadium, 9am
    Brisbane Lions v Labrador at Cooke-Murphy Reserve, 11.30am
    Canberra Demons v Albury at Dairy Farmers Stadium, 12noon (squad 1) & 2pm (squad 2)
    Aspley v Redland at South Pine Sports Complex, 3pm

    Saturday, March 18, 2017

    Gold Coast Suns v Aspley (venue TBC)
    Redland v Southport at Fankhauser Reserve, 3pm
    Canberra Demons (squad 1) v Queanbeyan at Dairy Farmers Stadium, 2pm
    Canberra Demons (squad 2) v Belconnen at Dairy Farmers Stadium, 4pm
    Sydney University v Sydney Swans at BISP, 1pm

    Saturday, March 25, 2017

    Gold Coast Suns v Brisbane Lions (venue TBC)
    Sydney University v GWS Giants at BISP, 1pm
    Big season for Canberra.

    They used to be a powerhouse football wise and miles ahead of Sydney but they are a basketcase now. Only four decent clubs (Ainslie, Queenbeyan, East Lake and Belconnen) makes for a rubbish league and not even all the $ they get down there makes any difference

  3. #3
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Portland, Vic. ex Geelong
    Posts
    237
    Thanks Ugg - looking forward to your reports on both practice matches.

  4. #4
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    13,249
    It'll only be the second one, there's no way I'm getting to Tom Wills Oval on a Friday afternoon.

  5. #5
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney East
    Posts
    3,896
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It'll only be the second one, there's no way I'm getting to Tom Wills Oval on a Friday afternoon.
    NARF. Where the heck is it?

  6. #6
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    13,249
    It's in Olympic Park. Near the Tennis Centre and next to P3. It's a really awful place to watch footy as a spectator. There's no elevated viewing, no seating and the only shade is the Giants office behind the goals at one end. Also not that close to the Olympic Park or Concord West train stations. There's two bus routes 525 and 526 that's a better option for public transport. Of course you can park at P3 but it's costly. Other option is to park at Bicentennial Park and walk across

  7. #7
    Clubman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sydney's eastside
    Posts
    712
    Just considering the fixture this year: is it weird that we are fixture to play three teams thrice and two teams only once? The teams we play most are all the other AFL teams: Giants, Suns and Lions. Still, seems strange to me.

  8. #8
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    13,249
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Just considering the fixture this year: is it weird that we are fixture to play three teams thrice and two teams only once? The teams we play most are all the other AFL teams: Giants, Suns and Lions. Still, seems strange to me.
    I believe the Swans and by extension the rest of the AFL Clubs request to play each other more. After all their main aim is to get the highest quality of opposition to tear their fringe players against

  9. #9
    Attending today's practice game will also have the additional problem of competing with 110,000 people try to get to Adele's concert that starts at 7:30pm!

    Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocker View Post
    Attending today's practice game will also have the additional problem of competing with 110,000 people try to get to Adele's concert that starts at 7:30pm!

    Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
    And I'm told all parking is sold out.I doubt if they'd sell any for the 330 game when Adele starts at 730 or so.
    Think the Ressies will be playing in front of their coaches, and not many others.
    I hope someone makes it tho, so we can get a bit of news.

  11. #11
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    2,266
    Really hope someone is there to report on who is playing from the 27 named for the Saints game. I'll be waiting to see if any reports filter in from 3.30pm.

    Surely we don't play all four ruckmen against the Saints when the side is limited to 24, unless Tippett plays predominantly FF?

  12. #12
    Play of the day is to Ugg for hint about parking in Bi-centennial park. Easy as can be.
    Laidlaw is kitted up so that is one omission from Sunday

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO