Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: JLT Game 1: Sydney Swans v North Melbourne Kangaroos @ Coffs Harbour

Blog Entries
    Slightly o/t, but I had lunch last week with a life long Roos fan.
    Been a fan all his life (he's over 60), and a member for the last 10 years.

He signed up as a member again this year.......

with the Bulldogs.

I wonder how many members the Roos will lose due to the Harvey/Petrie/Dal Santo situation.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Beautiful summer weather predicted for Sunday

Sunday 19 February

Summary
    Min 22
    Max 28
    Showers. Possible storm.
    Possible rainfall: 8 to 25 mm
    Chance of any rain: 90%
    Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

with the Bulldogs.

I wonder how many members the Roos will lose due to the Harvey/Petrie/Dal Santo situation.
    He won't be the only bandwagon fan for the fairypuppies, I have no doubt.

I think the Harvey etc situation will have a noticeable negative impact on their members - if our club had of done something similar with say Goodes/Bolton/O'Loughlin, I would of been equally ropable about it. Poorly handle by the wooboys.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

with the Bulldogs.

No offence but your mate is a tosser, that would have to be the worst case of bandwagonism I've ever heard of

You'd think he'd be old enough to know better

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    No offence but your mate is a tosser, that would have to be the worst case of bandwagonism I've ever heard of

You'd think he'd be old enough to know better
    Really? How else would a member show their disgust at how their greats had been treated? Write an angry email and still pay for a membership?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Really? How else would a member show their disgust at how their greats had been treated? Write an angry email and still pay for a membership?
    North - no premiership for 17 years - Harvey aged 37 or so. Allowed to stay on to break games record.

Personally think North made the right decision for their club's future.
    (Good riddance to the member who jumped ship.)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Plenty of South supporters were lost to not only the Sydney Swans but football itself, when we were shipped off to what we expected to be oblivion. I know I contemplated changing. Sounds like this bloke is jumping onto a bandwagon that he thinks will be forever at the top.

Veteran Site Admin
    The axing of the four senior North players was played out very publicly, and the timing was unfortunate, but both were largely due to the four players themselves pushing for an answer (as they are on record as acknowledging). I find it hard to think that North did the wrong thing, in terms of managing their list in the best way for the club. Harvey and Dal Santo could probably have eked out another season but, even with the two of them, I doubt North would have been a contender this year. So what good would that have done North? Petrie and Firrito were definitely cooked (and I see it as desperation on West Coast's part that they've listed Petrie for 2017).

Don't think that Swans "champions" haven't been pushed out of our club before the players themselves thought their time was up. It's often discussed on here that Dunkley still holds a bit of a grudge due to being asked to retire when he didn't want to. And I am sure plenty of others have been tapped on the shoulder. It's just been presented to the outside world as a mutual decision.
    Last edited by liz; 17th February 2017 at 04:20 PM.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The axing of the four senior North players was played out very publicly, and the timing was unfortunate, but both were largely due to the four players themselves pushing for an answer (as they are on record as acknowledging). I find it hard to think that North did the wrong thing, in terms of managing their list in the best way for the club. Harvey and Dal Santo could probably have eked out another season but, even with the two of them, I doubt North would have been a contender this year. So what good would that have done North? Petrie and Firrito were definitely cooked (and I see it as desperation on West Coast's part that they've listed Petrie for 2017).

Don't think that Swans "champions" haven't been pushed out of our club before the players themselves thought their time was up. It's often discussed on here that Dunkley still holds a bit of a grudge due to being asked to retire when he didn't want to. And I am sure plenty of others have been tapped on the shoulder. It's just been presented to the outside world as a mutual decision.
    ROK is hot.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    ROK is hot.
    Was eagerly looking forward to seeing more posts on RWO.

"ROK is hot" is not what I expected though!

Ryan O'Keefe is a very similar case in point. Great servant of the club who wished to play on but was unable to hold down a place.
    Such would have been their fate if allowed to remain on the list.

Anyone know where to stream the game? Don't have foxtel

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast