Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: JLT Game 1: Sydney Swans v North Melbourne Kangaroos @ Coffs Harbour

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I was wondering where our other AA fits in this list?
    Off last seasons form Rampe is elite. If he can do it again this year, definitely.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    He didn't leave against our wishes. We prioritised other players (I suspect, including Jones).

I do get what you're saying, and its clear that we weren't going to re-sign him (whether that be for $'s or other reasons we'll never know) but the fact is he is a very good player with a long career ahead of him, he's not the quality of player we want to be releasing every year or we'll go backwards at a rate of knots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I think he will be a real find.

He has an interesting background, quite similar to Rampe. Played other sports and was a rep basketballer. Went to Melbourne in 2013 to study to be a teacher and have a crack at footy. Got roped into the EDFL where he played in two losing Grand Finals and then played for Coburg under Wayne Brittan for 2015 and 2016 where from all reports he has improved every year.

He has elite endurance and also topped the 20 metre sprint at the Victorian combine. Plus he surely has plenty of upside. Certainly he is ready physically, his background is as a defender cum midfielder but I liked him on the half forward flank against Norf. The other thing is he seems, and I know it is early days, to have plenty of time out there too which I think is a great indicator.
    From my seat in the armchair, the match was pretty ho-hum. Everyone did what was expected of them in a first practice match - except for Fox. He looked totally at home at that level, and his high-energy style of play fits perfectly with the Swans game plan. With Papley and Rohan out, there's a spot in the forward setup that has Fox's name on it if he can maintain his form and enthusiasm for the rest of the pre-season.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011