Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: JLT Round 2 v GWS Giants @BISP 7.40 pm Friday 3 March

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Melican was a bit of a surprise packet and I did enjoy Hewett's work in close.
    Melican had a really decent game I thought. Some more good signs from Cameron too, clunking a couple of good grabs.

A scrappy old game, but some good signs - impressed by Buddy on his first game back, he did well!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Melican had a really decent game I thought. Some more good signs from Cameron too, clunking a couple of good grabs.

A scrappy old game, but some good signs - impressed by Buddy on his first game back, he did well!
    Yes, that Franklin kid is showing a bit of promise. And it's interesting that none of us has mentioned just how imperious Mills was in difficult conditions. It seems that we just expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I noticed on the AFL website that Towers kicked two goals. OK, only a preseason game, but an indicator of what's possible?
    At the AFL level, his goals seem opportunistic. Still a little slow with his decision making. But hard to tell in today's conditions

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Playfair said in the press conference Kizza hurt his hip. Could have played tonight if needed but obviously rested as a precaution.

Just wild about Harry
    I kept getting annoyed by Dwayne on Fox last night referring several times to this being Reid's first game in 12 months. I guess a week really is a long time in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I kept getting annoyed by Dwayne on Fox last night referring several times to this being Reid's first game in 12 months. I guess a week really is a long time in football.
    Yep. Some stuff is unforgivable- like how could you not see as it happened that Mumford bumped Buddy who then ricotched onto the giants player. I mean it was so clear, if you were watching and had your eyes open. But instead they start getting excited about a possible suspension for a head high bump by Buddy... sigh - going to be a long year

Quote Originally Posted by SCGonasunnyday View Post
    Yep. Some stuff is unforgivable- like how could you not see as it happened that Mumford bumped Buddy who then ricotched onto the giants player. I mean it was so clear, if you were watching and had your eyes open. But instead they start getting excited about a possible suspension for a head high bump by Buddy... sigh - going to be a long year
    And now every media report (including on GWS site) has a headline alleging Buddy laid a massive bump. And Yahoo Sports claim Buddy and the Swans have a nervous wait to see if the MRP will take action against Buddy!

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Buddy is lucky that Mumford helped him into the bump, as he hit him earlier and lower (shirt full of sore ribs).

Possibly if Mumford didn't bump him contact may have been higher and then he would have some concerns.

To be fair the commentators after repaying it couple of times said Buddy would be ok as Mumford pushed or bumped him into the player.

It wasn't head high it wasn't late, it was in play - just a classic hip and shoulder - nothing to see here.
    sprite

Veterans List
    I don't think Buddy was going to bump, it was only Mumford hitting that caused impact. I didn't see the game but saw that bit later. To me it should have been a free to Buddy for an off the ball bump/block to enable Taranto to mark.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I don't think Buddy was going to bump, it was only Mumford hitting that caused impact. I didn't see the game but saw that bit later. To me it should have been a free to Buddy for an off the ball bump/block to enable Taranto to mark.
    Love your work Nico.

Warming the Bench
    Pleased to see that our new captain & the 3 vice-captains were all named in our best players.

Also like that we stood up to GWS.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Agree Nico. That was sheparding at marking contest from Mumford.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast