Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JLT Round 2 v GWS Giants @BISP 7.40 pm Friday 3 March

JLT Round 2 v GWS Giants @BISP 7.40 pm Friday 3 March

Time until footy is dragging so I thought I would get this conversation started.

Is it 26 man squads again to interchange during the game via an extended bench? Last time around Lloyd, Leonardis and Ronke got the late chop, so I'm tipping them to get a game this time around. Sinclair, Tower, Franklin and Rampe are due to return from injury. Presumably also Macca, Kizza, Reg and AA. Hayward also missed out last time but I don't know how his foot injury is tracking. So that means finding up to 12 players to turf out of last rounds squad of 26 to make room.

I think Murray and Fisher will be among the casualties. The other omissions could be revealing because it could tell us who is seriously in the mix as a possible AFL Round 1 selection. Will they choose Fox, Edwards, Florent, Foote, Robbo, BJ, COR, Harry C again? Ditto Talia, Melican and Maibaum (one of whom might have a chance at a spot in our 22 for Round 1 as the 2nd tall). Presumably they will rest a couple of the best 22 for this match, but who? You'd think they lean towards resting the more senior players (like Macca, Kizza, Reg, Buddy, Ramps last time). So: Smith? Parker? Hanners? Plus either Cameron or Tip will give way for Sinclair. Maybe they will give Tip a game off and have another look at Cameron? Do we think they will keep playing Heeney, Mills and Jones through the JLT series or will they give them a game off too?

Can we expect anything from Henry Playfair in the coaching box? I have no idea. I don't think he's done it before. Interesting that they overlooked Stuey Dew, John Blakey and Josh Francou. I guess Dew (and maybe Blakey?) have done it before so it was H's and Kirky's turn since they are next most senior.

I hope I can make it to the game. I will be driving back to Sydney from Canberra that evening so isn't too inconvenient.

Your thoughts?

Rather than "thoughts", one stray thought. One player who has been conspicuous by his absence, is James Rose. Last time I checked the injury list, he wasn't on it and if he isn't injured, then I would've thought that he would be pushing for forward line selection. What with, Rohan and Papley being on the long term injury list, McGlynn having retired and Heeney spending more time in the middle. Seems a bit of a mystery?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Help me Rwobi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. Too lazy to look it up- do we have no pre-season game this coming weekend, and is this game vs. GWS the only one in Sydney for the pre-season?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes unless you count the NEAFL practice games. Last JLT game is in Albury

stellation: yes.

deja: Rose has a hip injury and, last I heard, was due back for JLT3.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Ta.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Which I'm making the trek over to see and mixing it in with some upper Murray sightseeing and business in Victoria. Expecting a near full strength side for Albury, by then we'll know who the likelies are to plug the holes in the 22.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Thank you kindly.

I may just toddle along to see those crazy kids play, I quite like going to the footy at Blacktown.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    The old Rosehip injury. They are hard to shake off.

Considering that the Rose hip comment was one Ludwig's best (in a long list of hits and misses) I would have thought such an injury would be unforgettable.

Warming the Bench
    I hope they rest Tippett and play Sinclair/Cameron through the ruck. Ruck off for a round one spot (unless Naismith has recovered by then).

I hope they stick with lots of kids and bring back more senior players for round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    Considering that the Rose hip comment was one Ludwig's best (in a long list of hits and misses)
    I would suggest that the list of Ludwig's misses is no longer than a list of Mike Fitzpatrick's accomplishments, unless you are referring to the list of Ludwig's Mrs, which is uncomfortably long, with some listings quite forgettable.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast