Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: JLT Round 2 v GWS Giants @BISP 7.40 pm Friday 3 March

Goes up to 11
    The Giants' on field behaviour in our semi last year was disgraceful. I hope we don't see a repeat and that they remember this is a practice match. There's no place for their dirty sniping this week.
    I expect we'll lose pretty comfortably - this is more about getting run into players' legs and seeing who of our youngsters can step up. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Nicely timed reminder to the umps from Hanners.

'SWANS midfield gun Dan Hannebery has called on umpires to remember the sliding rule this season.'

And I would add, also remember the legitimate disposal-by-hand rule.

Dan Hannebery urges umpires to crack down on sliding rule
    And with the Giants, they should probably keep an eye on the flying elbow to the jaw rule.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And with the Giants, they should probably keep an eye on the flying elbow to the jaw rule.
    Very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    The Giants' on field behaviour in our semi last year was disgraceful. I hope we don't see a repeat and that they remember this is a practice match. There's no place for their dirty sniping this week.
    I expect we'll lose pretty comfortably - this is more about getting run into players' legs and seeing who of our youngsters can step up. Nothing more.
    They probably wont bother in a practice match, but expect it in the real thing. Why ? . because it worked.

I'm surprised K. Jack is not playing.

If he is destined to initially play as small forward, at least while Papley is out at season start, you would think he would benefit from some game-time experience around Reid, Franklin, Tippett etc.

Maybe both our former Captains are injured

Warming the Bench
    Getting the feeling that both our former captains are not part of Longmire's blueprint for this season.

Regular in the Side
    I think K Jack will be important this year as a small forward which I see as our main deficiency. Mitchell and McGlynn are gone, Papley, Rohan, Rose, McVeigh and Dawson leaving us thin on depth. Parker is not 100% yet either. Hope Kizza is not carrying an injury. We have drafted Florent and Hayward obviously recognising this issue but are they going to be able to hold up to the rigours of a full season. We look great for defenders and are OK for mids but if we have injury issues the forwards are a problem. Probably our weakness even without injuries. Ruck is the other area which might become an issue with injuries as we only have four on our list, three of them are injury prone and two are ruck/forwards.

I suspect with the outs of Rohan paplay etc we may see towers become a real possibility up front

Veterans List
    AA has a toe injury but I heard that he will play the last practice match.

We have a history of bringing the older players along slowly. I have heard nothing about KJ having an injury so it is probably just let him ease into it.

�There are no hard feelings with Steve, none at all,� Kennedy told the Daily Telegraph. �Getting hit is an occupational hazard in footy.�

Huh! But WE have plenty of hard feelings!

GWS Giants v Sydney Swans: Steve Johnson bump on Josh Kennedy, no grudge

Veterans List
    We better harden up in the midfield before the season starts. Melbourne is now officially the toughest midfield in the comp....well according to David King that is.

JLT Round 2 v GWS Giants @BISP 7.40 pm Friday 3 March

Roosy loves tough and hard midfielders so I am not at all surprised that Melbourne loaded up with tough nuts under his reign. I think that the D's will be a real threat for the finals this year. They have progressed nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast