Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That thing

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    FAKE NEWS !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    I would imagine the onus is on the club. It sounds like we kept all records we just didn't inform WADA. A minor oversight, players took legal drugs under supervision of a Doctor. The worst thing about this story is the headline, it'll pass very quick
    No, nothing to do with WADA. WADA is not interested in cortisone as it is allowed to be used. But apparently Swans should have put it on an AFL database used for monitoring medical treatments and overlooked doing so. An administrative error.

The worst headline is actually on the AFL website and app. It is a disgrace. Hope the club lodges a complaint.

'Swans cop $20k fine for GF drugs breaches'

AFL slaps Sydney, Buddy and Parker with fines for GF injections breach
    Swans slapped with $20k fine over drugs breaches - M.afl.com.au

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    No, nothing to do with WADA. WADA is not interested in cortisone as it is allowed to be used. But apparently Swans should have put it on an AFL database used for monitoring medical treatments and overlooked doing so. An administrative error.
    Ah my bad. Still not the news story it's made out to be

So; essentially most of the story, is that Buddy forgot to tell the AFL, that he had a cortisone injection during the GF.

I can't work out from the article if Franklin and Parker have to personally cover the $5k each (out of their salary) or the Swans club have to cover the $10k.

If the Swans have to cover the 10k then the funding for the 2017 Christmas party should be withheld and administration staff be made to personally cover their own Christmas party expenses.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    I can't work out from the article if Franklin and Parker have to personally cover the $5k each (out of their salary) or the Swans club have to cover the $10k.

If the Swans have to cover the 10k then the funding for the 2017 Christmas party should be withheld and administration staff be made to personally cover their own Christmas party expenses.
    Sounds good to me.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    There are three separate transgressions - one by the club, and one each by Franklin and Parker. The club has been fined $10k (+$10k suspended) for the first, and the two players have each been fined $5k for their failures to complete their paperwork correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I had no idea either, but here is the link.

Sydney sanctioned for finals error - sydneyswans.com.au
    What? No trade ban? Maybe the VFL thinks that being screwed by the umpires in a GF and the fine is sufficient enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12