Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Membership count

If only we had a stadium in Sydney with the capacity to hold all those members at once....

Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    If only we had a stadium in Sydney with the capacity to hold all those members at once....

Aaarrgh! Don't re-start the stadium war! As probably something like 15,000 of our members don't live in Sydney I wouldn't think we are likely to be faced with an SCG lock-out in the near future.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Aaarrgh! Don't re-start the stadium war! As probably something like 15,000 of our members don't live in Sydney I wouldn't think we are likely to be faced with an SCG lock-out in the near future.
    Of the 15,000 or so members that don't live in Sydney, roughly how many do you think live in Regional or Country NSW?

Veteran Site Admin
    Around 10k or so would probably be Melbourne members.

2017 Membership count

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Of the 15,000 or so members that don't live in Sydney, roughly how many do you think live in Regional or Country NSW?
    My 'something like 15,000' that don't live in Sydney was a guesstimate based on:

1. In Sept. 2016 (before GF) Tony Morwood, who runs the club's Victorian office, was quoted as saying "We have over 12,000 paid-up members in Victoria. It is the strongest of any [interstate] club".

2. This year there will be eight Victorian matches � the most the Club has played in Victoria since 1996 � so I am guessing that Vic memberships have increased again this year and might be part of the driving force behind this year's early growth in numbers.

3. To add to the Vic. members there are other interstate members, plus Canberra, plus regional and country NSW (your question), plus Davey in Canada . A complete guess on my part is that this group in total might be approaching 1500. Just regional and country NSW? 500 - 700? Anyone else got a better guess?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/...27-grpgge.html

2017 Membership count

To add to my reply above, I hope that the excitement about Heeney has led to an increase in memberships from around the Newcastle region. Probably still small numbers though.

Warming the Bench
    I've got 10 family members in regional NSW all Swans members

The Swans website lists Swans supporter groups in WA, SA, ACT, Gold Coast and Wagga Wagga so there must be reasonable numbers of supporters in each of those areas, some of whom I expect are also Swans members.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The Swans website lists Swans supporter groups in WA, SA, ACT, Gold Coast and Wagga Wagga so there must be reasonable numbers of supporters in each of those areas, some of whom I expect are also Swans members.
    There seems to be a fair few members in S.E. Queensland. Some of the games that I've been to, there appeared to be a fairly even balance between Swans supporters and home supporters. Though that may be an indication of how poorly the Suns and Lions have been doing lately.

Wonder if it would help if the club published membership numbers by state and region ie NSW, Vic etc and country NSW etc?

I don't see a need for it personally, but others may like to see the breakup.

51669 as at today so the app said!!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by strapper View Post
    I've got 10 family members in regional NSW all Swans members
    I have two adult & a concession ticket in Central Victoria plus a family ticket consisting of one in Aarat, 2 in Brisbane, 1 in Melbourne & 2 in Thailand.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast