Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: JLT Match 3 Sydney Swans v St Kilda @ Lavington Sports Ground

Veterans List
    Anyone else think we look one man short in the midfield.

Senior Player
    Wow Zak Jones has impressed me - not that he hasn't already - but he has stepped right up. Tough, composed, fast and good with disposal. He will be a keeper for sure!

Good first half from the Swans. I wonder if we will ever play a game in the pre-season where it doesn't rain?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Wow Zak Jones has impressed me - not that he hasn't already - but he has stepped right up. Tough, composed, fast and good with disposal. He will be a keeper for sure!

Good first half from the Swans. I wonder if we will ever play a game in the pre-season where it doesn't rain?
    Been really impressed with Robbo.Midfield stocks looking strong.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Thought it was a handy first half display. Defence looked particularly good, with Rampe giving every indication that he's going to be even more of a star this season. It also appears that a run and gun approach from defense, will be our preferred option.
    Players looking sharp all over the ground, but of the ones that we are hoping will step up, Robinson is actually our leading possession getter and has been using it well. Hewett has been useful in close, Reid is showing signs of getting back to his best, and the multiple efforts that Hayward made to get his goal showed promise.

And Robbo says 'nice pass, Bud'.

Senior Player
    Looks like mills isn't playing anymore. Anyone see anything ?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Mills tracksuit is on. He's done for the day

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Looks like mills isn't playing anymore. Anyone see anything ?
    Umm, no: and I'm also wondering how Tippett got split open?

Veterans List
    Wish they would be more consistent with the dropping the ball rule. Buddy gets penalised but Riewoldt is allowed to drop it and they score a goal.

OMG my heart went into my mouth with Grundy holding his knee. Please be ok!!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Buddy just mentioned injury concerns in his on-field interview, think he's seen something we haven't?
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Very enjoyable pre-season match and I think both sides will take a bit out of that:

Random comments and observations

* Buddy mercurial and his field kicking is very very good, he looks set for a career best year
    * Tippo looked good and took some good contested marks, likewise I like young Darcy Cameron and whilst he is not quite ready yet I think he will be a very good player once he has a full season under his belt with us
    * Melican started well but faded and looked tired at the end, reckon if AA gets through the NEAFL game he is a lock for R1 though
    * Jones looked the best mid by a mile out there, sign him up guys, his value will only go up this year
    * Haywood - looks slick and there's something exciting about that kid but he is a fair way off senior selection atm but could see him playing back half
    * Florent has done enough to be selected R1 for mine
    * Marsh is unfashionable but gets the job done, he needs to just keep things simple, will go close to a R1 gig
    * Towers - not enough for mine to warrant R1 and even though it was a pre season match my heart still skipped a beat when he had the ball with 28 secs left on the clock; gets caught too often with the footy
    * Equally unconvinced re Robinson but he did himself no harm tonight with that effort
    * Good to see Parker fire up and he'll be in tip top shape R1

Finally, some of the 15m interpretations tonight by those three blind mice were terrible, I'd make it 25m anyway but surely it cannot be that hard

We're ready to rumble, bring on season 2017

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So the Swans runner went down just after the warmups and just before first bounce. Had plenty of concerned medical staff attending to him He later came out on crutches with left knee strapped
    Shaw became the runner for the day

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast