Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plugger's Back

What is clear is how much more affectionate he is for the Swans than St Kilda

Plugger is simply moving with the modern game with his new build. His new build is ideal for forward pressure, repeat efforts, long leads to half back and sprinting back to goal from halfback. He could probably beat his man for endurance with that build.

His playing day build of 191cm and 108kgs was ideal for football in the late 80s and 90. He was built for one on one contests close to the goal square. His burst of speed and power got him away from his man into space without midfielders and half forwards dropping into holes. His brilliant kicking finished everything off.

I think Plugger is laying of the heavy weights, doing lots of endorance training and on a diet of low carbs and high protein.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    ......... without midfielders and half forwards dropping into holes.
    They did drop into holes, but only once!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post

I think Plugger is laying of the heavy weights, doing lots of endorance training and on a diet of low carbs and high protein.
    He does a lot of off road motorbike riding. That would make you fit......or more so, you'd have to be fit for that......or both!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He does a lot of off road motorbike riding. That would make you fit......or more so, you'd have to be fit for that......or both!!
    Not sure about that - check out his motocross build in this article
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Sydney Swans (@sydneyswans) | Twitter

i didn't think we would end up with a zombie version of plugger

wow he has lost some weight and the pic with him talking in a suit is scary !!!

lol

Attachment 1757
    Aww. You beat me to it. I never thought I'd say this but Plugger really needs to put on a few kilo's. He looks like he's been in a concentration camp. I wonder how much better his career would have been if he played at this weight?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Or he could be the new frontman for Midnight Oil.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Or he could be the new frontman for Midnight Oil.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I wonder how much better his career would have been if he played at this weight?
    IMO, I don't think he would have been better. His asset was his size, strength and weight (essentially an immovable object in one-on-one contests) coupled with impact bursts of leg speed and a surprising leap. He essentially monstered the defenders out of the contest (even often in 2:1 situations).

He was somewhat leaner in his comeback year & looked a little undersized.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    IMO, I don't think he would have been better. His asset was his size, strength and weight (essentially an immovable object in one-on-one contests) coupled with impact bursts of leg speed and a surprising leap. He essentially monstered the defenders out of the contest (even often in 2:1 situations).

He was somewhat leaner in his comeback year & looked a little undersized.
    Great comment. He used that pace and power to great effect. Jonathan Patten from the Giants reminds me of Plugger. Patten is a little taller, not quite as heavy, but probably has more endurance for the modern game. If Plugger was playing in 2017
    he would kick more goals than Pattern but not as many as Buddy or West Coast Josh Kennedy.

Conversely if Patten had played in the late 80 and 90s and not done his knee twice he would had a couple of 80-110 seasons.

PLUGGER'S BACK!!!!!

That is all.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Sydney Swans (@sydneyswans) | Twitter

i didn't think we would end up with a zombie version of plugger

wow he has lost some weight and the pic with him talking in a suit is scary !!!

lol

Attachment 1757
    I'm glad that Plugger is back, but he is very gaunt. I hope he is ok.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast