Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plugger's Back

Blog Entries

Plugger's Back

Lockett will travel to Sydney from his home town of Bowral once a fortnight to attend training and mentor the likes of Lance Franklin, Sam Reid and Kurt Tippett.
    Plugger�s Back! - sydneyswans.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Awesome news, made my day
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veteran Site Admin
    Interesting, though I wouldn't be advocating trying to impose Plugger's kicking style onto Buddy. He's already got style all of his own. Though I do think Nick Davis has been doing some work with Buddy over the last couple of years, and has maybe straightened his arc up a tad.

As an aside, I recall one of Lockett's coaches at the Swans (can't recall whether it was Barassi or Eade) commenting on how Plugger was by far the best field kick in the team - mostly at training, since it was rare for him to kick the ball to a team mate, rather than towards the big sticks, during games. The same surely applies to Buddy now. Not the not kicking to team mates - he does that a lot - but that he is by far the best at picking out a team mate in the forward 50. Some of his kicks are exquisite.

Edit: I've just read the article on the website. Isn't Plugger looking very streamlined now. He looks like he's lost a lot of weight from eighteen months ago when he presented Buddy with his Coleman. Maybe he (Plugger) is planning another comeback!

My best mate lived in Bowral for a period and has this awesome Plugger story.

My best friend was lined up at the local grocer just behind Plugger. Plugger has a friendly interaction with the lady at the counter and the goes on his way.

My best mate then asks the lady at the counter "do you know who that was".

The lady replies casually "oh that's Tony he comes in here all the time".

She had no idea what Plugger had achieved in the AFL game.

My best mate filled the counter lady in on Pluggers achievements and she was shocked.

Sounds like he lives a very understated life out of Bowral where he gets plenty of privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    My best mate lived in Bowral for a period and has this awesome Plugger story.

My best friend was lined up at the local grocer just behind Plugger. Plugger has a friendly interaction with the lady at the counter and the goes on his way.

My best mate then asks the lady at the counter "do you know who that was".

The lady replies casually "oh that's Tony he comes in here all the time".

She had no idea what Plugger had achieved in the AFL game.

My best mate filled the counter lady in on Pluggers achievements and she was shocked.

Sounds like he lives a very understated life out of Bowral where he gets plenty of privacy.
    Great story

Brilliant

I find it hard to believe that is Plugger in the photo with Sam Reid. He looks worryingly thin.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Great to see Plugger tonight. Weight loss? - he could be mistaken for Sam Reid.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Great to see Plugger tonight. Weight loss? - he could be mistaken for Sam Reid.
    I saw the pic in the story, geez he looks trim! The kicking action is still sublime . Great story......

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Awesome news. He definitely looked a lot slimmer, sounded confident on stage when speaking. Good to see plugger out of his shell just a little bit. We were joking that he might need to put on some baby fat to put the fear of God back into the younger forwards, but I reckon he'll do fine in that camp irrespective of weight

Was lucky to get a spot at the the dinner....I could see a lot of emotion about AJ at the Club's tables. AJ will bring the house down when he finally runs out onto the SCG again.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I guess this is as good a place as any for my feedback on the Guernsey presentation/HOF

There were three great speeches tonight. I hope they will be available on the website. Longmire's was very funny. For those who think he doesn't have a sense of humour just listen to his words tonight. He is incredibly self-deprecating. But mixed in with the humour was a serious message about what the Swans family is about

Kennedy's first speech as captain was fantastic. There was a real steel and determination in his message, and while he didn't refer to the GF directly you could tell it was at the forefront of his and the rest of the playing group's minds

And lastly the speech by the daughter of one of the 1909 premiership players stole the show.

Add to that Plugger's return, Jude's elevation to the HOF and the presence of most of the 05 and 12 premiership players it was a great night to be a swans fan

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I guess this is as good a place as any for my feedback on the Guernsey presentation/HOF

There were three great speeches tonight. I hope they will be available on the website. Longmire's was very funny. For those who think he doesn't have a sense of humour just listen to his words tonight. He is incredibly self-deprecating. But mixed in with the humour was a serious message about what the Swans family is about

Kennedy's first speech as captain was fantastic. There was a real steel and determination in his message, and while he didn't refer to the GF directly you could tell it was at the forefront of his and the rest of the playing group's minds

And lastly the speech by the daughter of one of the 1909 premiership players stole the show.

Add to that Plugger's return, Jude's elevation to the HOF and the presence of most of the 05 and 12 premiership players it was a great night to be a swans fan
    Spot on.

I think Horse's speech was amazing. It was delivered as a letter from him to his sixteen year old self.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast