Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
I mentioned this earlier, Henson also has the demographics around it to make AFLW a success. Newtown, Marrickville, Sydney Uni, Enmore, Erskinvilke and Stanmore are very progressive and would love professional AFL women's football played at their local ground.

Around 12 years ago my eyes were opened. One Friday night I was walking past the Bank Hotel in Newtown. A group of girls were watching Friday Night Football (Rugby League) and were yelling at the top of their voices "smash him" , "hit him harder". They had more passion than any bloke I've seen at an RSL watching sport.

This Newtown crowd would love to get to Henson and watch the girls hit in hard against each other. It could be a cult following at Henson and may not need to be sustained by the regular Swans crowd. It could grow its own identity and supporter base.

The Saturday afternoon twilight games would be ideal so the crowd could still get to their band gigs in Newtown after the game.
Henson would be OK if we could get the go ahead as I think there would be enough space to construct the facilities and have enough parking etc. From a public transport perspective Henson is quite easy to get to as well.

Just my feeling, and I know the Swans have met with the owners of EQ Moore Park, but I think the showground site is the preferred option