Hopefully this can stay here rather than go to the AFLW thread

I know the club has defended its lack of an AFLW team due to not having somewhere to play but I think that we may have misread the tea leaves a bit re the success of this comp.

Having said that, whilst GWS have performed admirably and above expectations it is obvious that there is no way known we can split the local playing talent in two. So I do think that is an issue and good on GWS taking the lead there.

In terms of a venue though, when the Swans do get an AFLW team I find it hard to see how you could get a better venue than North Sydney Oval. It was too small for the men but it would be perfect for women's footy.

In terms of the new training venue I heard through a reliable source that we are really trying to make the old Showground site next door work but I think there may be some planning issues. It certainly is a prime site and the backers there (Singo and/or Harvey I think) certainly are in for the long haul. It's a ghost town at the moment but if you had the Swans Admin, the Swans Academy, a Swans Hall of fame and Museum as well as maybe the NSWAFL set up there too then it would be a real boost for both us and the site. It really is the perfect spot for us and I just can't think of any other suitable sites ripe for development....